View Single Post
Old 07-08-2005, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno_300TE
Marty
Would you mind mentioning that trustworthy independent to me? Living in Boston (indy rates 85$, dealer 120$), it might be worth driving up to NH for the next bigger job (belt tensioner, valve job).
Regards, Bruno
Sure, for MB specific work I can recommend Amoskeag European in Manchester. They have lots of MB experience and did my timing chain work and are about the only shop around here specializing in MB. They also have free loaners if you schedule in advance. Pat is the owner there. 603-669-7750 . They do good work but they did try and sell me a head gasket and head rebuild job for a very minor (and common) oil leak which I felt was unwarranted...of course there was no pressure, just a recommendation that it be addressed which I guess I cannot fault them for, just know they may be selling you something you may or may not need. Maybe they were fishing for someone with deep pockets and limited auto knowledge. Again, be advised that like many shops they may try and sell you service that is more than you want.

For general repair work where MB experience is not a requirement I use a local shop called "Cambray's Auto Repair" in Nashua. Norm is the owner and is very honest but their MB specific experience is limited. They did my brake hose work. 603-882-0037.

2013 C300 4Matic
1984 BMW 733i
2013 Lincoln MKz

Last edited by nhdoc; 07-08-2005 at 09:08 AM.