Thread: Show Time
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2005, 12:17 AM
88Black560SL

Show Time

Genelmen

I would like to thank everyone who responded to my previous replys on waxing a car. I tyed it first on my Taurus as a ginny pig and after getting up the nerve, just finished claying and waxing my 560SL. The good news is I dident wreck anything it looks real good but it did look good to start with. The bad news is that some of the blemishes I hoped to get out did not change at all. What appears to be water marks on the trunk are still there. A light scrape on the door dident change. And some blemishes on the hood are still present. I tried to post pictures of the blemishes but they cant be sean in a photo.

I used Mothers instant detailer and claybar followed by Mothers wax, It all came in one kit. Accoring to the directions the clay was supposed to start out feeling rough as it was rubed over the surface and when it got smooth it was ready. In my case the clay always glided smoothly over the painted surface. Someone told me it looks like the car may have been clear coated on top of these blemishes. Does that sound likely. If so does that mean I'm screwed. The car easily passes the baggi test and prety much did before I started.

In the next couple of weeks I will be entering the car in a show at work. What I really need to work on now is the chrome. I tried Mothers chrome polish but it dident do a darn thing for it. I think I need something on a drill. Any suggestions. Im planning to remove some of the chrome from the car for polishing. There is no rust or pitting on the chrome just discoloration and water marks.

Thank You
John Roncallo