View Single Post
Old 07-11-2005, 01:07 PM

My 94 E320 had the same code, after checking/replacing all the other items on the list, replacing the Engine Control Module finaly fixed the problem. My car did not have any drivability issues, but I did not like the illuminated check engine light!!

Takes about 5 mins to replace the ECM. Dealership wanted $2200 but I got one from the salvage yard for around $150. It was from a 95 E320. I did not have to program it, as the car it came from had the same California Emissions, Traction Control etc.

If you take your car to the dealer, they will probably look at the live adaptation values as they swap out components like the O2 sensor, MAS, ECM etc. with known good ones to find the root cause.

Electronics on these cars are unreliable, OVP, Fuel Pump realy, Compressor Control Relay, Aux Fans and/or relays, AC Push Button units are a few items that have an above average failures rates on this model.

The Fuses may appear good visually but maynot be working. Also, the wiring harness disintegrates, creating short circuits, which maybe the root cause for the above average electrical issues.