View Single Post
Old 07-12-2005, 02:12 PM

Phalcon51

I researched your question when I first considered dropping my car. I could never find an honest answer. Most say the camber will need an adjustment kit. OTOH some claim they didn't need a kit to correct their camber after using the eibach springs (because it didn't lower the car more than 1 inch)...so I guess you you won't know until the springs are on and you try to align it. Keep in mind, any type of lowering will affect the geometry of the suspension. So chances are you will need a camber kit.

zhandax

A slight negative camber is NOT a problem if buying new tires more frequently (approximately every 6mo or so) is NOT an issue. But since people are using 17, 18, 19, & 20 inch rims nowadays, tires alone can cost anwhere from $125 to $300 EACH. Mounting and balancing charges run approx another $100. I can't imagine spending $1,300 every 6months to change my tires. MB does have a lower suspension set-up (sportline) like the BMW. From my understanding that lowered suspension has no adverse affect on tire wear. But to replace your stock suspension to the sportline version, it'll cost $$$$ compared to aftermarket springs and shocks.

theairboy

Can you elaborate on your post/statement:

"But as soon as they arrived a guy came out with a much better idea for street cars that requires no maintenence and use the stock bushings."

I would like more information about this. Thanks.