View Single Post
Old 07-19-2005, 12:16 AM

ok lets see, the climate control switches are horizontal slides, there are two,one just below the two center vents and one above the two round temp selector dials just above the radio,the lower one seems to direct the air either up or down, if that makes sense. there is only one tee that splits off of the main vac line.this seems to supply all the vac needs into the dash thru the fire wall, as well as the regulating valve and transmission.the reg valve itself has a black vent line on the very bottom of the vertical plate, which is capped off. there are also two lines going into the reg valve,the one closest to the front of the car has also been capped off,the line closest to the fire wall is the line which comes off the main tee,this one is still connected. when i do a vac test on the reg valve on this line it does not hold any vac at all. thus my problem with turning off the car,there is just too much of a leak at the reg valve.a test on the line directly to the transmission is good,hols lots of vac for a long time. that is why iam curious as to what might happen if i just leave a direct vac line to the transmission connected,i guess it would not shift any worse than it does.or would it hurt things more with a full constant supply of vacuum? again i ask, what excactly is the purpose of the reg valve? can it be removed and serviced? do i really need it? and then of course there is the climate control stuff, iam hoping that it is mechanical and not vacuum operated, any help here would be greatly appreciated.