View Single Post
Old 06-01-2001, 12:59 AM
Posts: n/a
Problem solved. Not by me, unfortunately . A friend and I worked on car for a while and I lost patience and took to my trusty Independent. He popped hood and probed for about 5 minutes and came up with following problems/fixes:
1) Water pump had very small leak (showed me the leak and
I can't believe I missed it. This was the primary
cause of the overheating.
2) Re fans not coming on, he stated that the sensor that
turns them on was faulty. He replaced.

He replaced above two items and did a cooling system service and I am happy to say that temp gage had not exceed much above 100 degree mark - with A/C on and 94+ degree Fahrenheit weather today in Southern CA.

Thanks for the help -- much appreciated.
Reply With Quote