View Single Post
Old 08-04-2005, 08:56 AM

Right on- I've been running WVO / Diesel blend for 3 months now- definate improvement in having more power and less noise. I had to change fuel filter once, but like yours, it was probably ready anyway- I don't believe it was the WVO that blocked the filter, as I pre-filter everything out to the point that my WVO is clear. I do see variations in color of my final WVO however- depending on what was fried in it I believe. The color variation does not seem to alter performance or behaviour. However, during a real recent hot spell, I thought I'd try some WVO in the tank which I could not get to come clear- too much tallow in it, although in the heat it seems to flow OK. The car runs on it, but the idle is rougher and there is a definate loss of power. This stuff has to be HOT, not just warm to run in the car effectively.

I've mentioned on a couple of threads that my car knocks quite badly when running on straight Diesel-- this started long before I started blending in the WVO. When I add WVO, the knock goes away, so it's like the WVO is acting as a good fuel conditioner, against whatever is causing this knock. I'm asuming I need new injectors- gonna get this verified this Friday. Meanwhile, the WVO is keeping the car drivable for me.

Unfortunately, I've lost my WVO supplier. The restaurant owner has decided to keep it for himself, since finding out it will also work for home heating. All other restaurants in my small town are giving their WVO away to a hog farmer to mix in with the feed. I've asked at every one of them- same story. What a waste!! One owner seemed interested when I told him I'm recycling it as an environmentally friendly fuel, and said he'd think it over and give me a call. Meanwhile, I have about 30 gallons of WVO left. When that is gone, I'm not sure what I'm going to do for a supply if he doesn't come through. There are several other small towns and one city within a 50 mile radius of me, so I guess I need to expand my hunt.

Good luck!

Dave

1976 300D