View Single Post
Old 08-04-2005, 10:55 AM

Well, I now have the same resistance at the gauge as at the tank. I determined that there was additional resistance in the brown wire that I had tapped into as a ground. I ran a new ground wire directly from pin 1 to a bolt above the gas pedal and the resistance is the same.

This didn't fix my gauge problem however. I think that the circuit board on the back is broken and I'm losing continuity. Does anyone know if the fuel gauge and temperature gauges will work without the circuit board on the back?

I have installed this in the right side of my instrument cluster where the tach and clock used to be. I am using this to monitor a second tank and the temperature of my heated fuel, so I don't need all the other stuff on the circuit board (warning indicators, blinkers, etc.). Those are all run by the original circuit board behind the original fuel gauge, temp gauge, etc. on the left siide of the instrument cluster. What I need to know is, can I pull the gauges off the circuit board and wire directly to them?

Thanks,
Mark