View Single Post
Old 08-07-2005, 01:36 AM
home of 4,5,6,8 cylinders

This old car salesman trick, put black pepper powder inside the coolant, which will work its way to the crack and seal it cake it up solidly. But I don't know if it will do for your Diesel, plus yours is Alloy head.

I wish I had knew that when i had my 78 BMW 320i, she had cracked head OK, the water always boil when i drive.I bought a 2nd head from a wrecking guy. Put it in myself. But never ran as well. Must had a crack vacuum, turning left the engine always dies too if not touch the gas pedal.

Yours seem to be not as bad, since u can drive.

Many yrs i blew the head gasket in my Dodge colt. Water keeps coming out from rad too. Change the head gasket seems OK.

So I assume no responsibility, do it at your own risk please. It may or may not help , any body can point out the down side? Powder won't plug up rad anyways.

I had put BP in my old 82 Volvo before, because few yrs ago, my car had no anti-freeze. I left it outside all day, not much colder than -5 C. Part of water was frozen!
That night I had to use the car, drove about 3-4 miles i see my temp needle went off the hot end!
I pulled into a gas stn. The water just gushed out. I let her cool down add more water. I figure is not going to get anyworse. Keep praying too.

I was able to gimp home. next day I added the BP. And it seems to keep it down. Drove it for 2 more yrs before i sold her.