View Single Post
Old 08-08-2005, 03:41 AM
Here's Your Sign.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin85
btw I found there is a local Harbour Freight store less than 1/2 hr away; so I will check it out for a pump for my 55G drum.........better than a syphon...and high tech.
I am going to hijack this thread for a minute................

For the first time I am going to spend some serious money on my filteration system. So far it has been nickle and dime stuff - but - I have come to realize that a good versatile 12v pump is the heart of the system.

My plans are:

Hand Cart with large tires (already purchased at Harbor Freight)
15 Gallon Poly Drum (Free)
12V Battery (Free - I'm using a large Gel Cel from a UPS System)
Pump (Drum Roll Please... Shurflo 3000-350 - designed as a oil transfer pump with reverse switch - impeller design, not piston - Approx. $115.00)

With everything mounted on the Hand Cart - I can fill the 15 Gallon Poly Tank - Wheel the unit out to the car - throw the reverse switch - and fill the car. With the connections being standard garden hose - I can easily use this pump without removing it from the hand cart to transfer oil from my storage drums to my settling drum.

I may also be investing in a Eagle Drum Funnel with strainer(P/N 1662) and cover(P/N 1664). This is more of a want than a need - But it's so cool!!!

Stephen
Attached Thumbnails
2nd Day on WVO in 300D- no mods...-16641660.jpg  

"We cannot change the wind - But we can adjust our sails"