View Single Post
Old 08-09-2005, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ara T.
So with a blend of WVO and RUG, one doesn't need heating or separate fuel tanks or whatever? What happens with a blend of diesel and WVO? I know it would be a problem with gelling in cold states, but here in North Californa it doesnt get much lower than 39 degrees or so.
Again.... by personal experience some diesel when mixed with WVO causes a wax substance to fall out of the diesel and clog your filters etc. Your better off to mix with RUG. Test the diesel in your local area. Mix in glass jars some local diesel with WVO in ratios that you would use it (low ratio in winter like 10% WVO, up to 90% WVO in summer) and see if anything settles out.

Otherwise..... IMHO RUG and diesel along with some cetane boost and you will be fine. For extra insurance if you want do a return loop from the IP return back into the fuel line before the fuel/hand pump to heat the incoming fuel some or do a coolant heat exchanger up in the engine compartment somewhere. YOu wont have to get the stuff as hot as if you were running straight WVO. An OEM diesel fuel heater would work just fine for this though I hear they are SPENDY.

Pull your injectors NOW and photograph them... measure what ever you can measure about them.. Do the same every thousand miles or so. Not for you.... for us... GINNY PIG lol.

The Glow Plug Wait: This waiting period is a moment of silence to pay honor to Rudolph Diesel. The longer you own your diesel the more honor you will give him". by SD Blue

My normal daily life; either SNAFUed- Situation Normal... All Fouled Up, or FUBARed- Fouled Up Beyond All Repair

62 UNIMOG Camper w/617 Turbo, 85 300SD daily driver- both powered by blended UCO fuels