View Single Post
Old 06-07-2001, 11:38 AM

Hey Everybody, I need your help with this one.
I have a 2000 E430 Sport that I have lowered with Eibach Pro-Kit springs. The local M-B dealer installed them and did an alignment almost a year ago. I have now installed 18" wheels and tires. I got a pair of the factory spring pads for the front to drop it another 5mm or so.

I talked with the dealer service guy about getting them to install the pads and realign the car. He says that if they enter the factory E430 specs into the alignment machine computer that the car will not properly align since it is lowered and has 18" wheels. He says that I need to go to Eibach or whoever I bought the equipment from and get alignment specs.

Is this true? Why were they to successfully lower and align the car a year ago. The car drives great and has almost no tire wear. They did have to put in some type of "alignment kit" in the rear to get the camber right.

PLEASE any of you alignment guys out there-enlighten me. Has anyone had this same experience? Does Eibach (or Tire Rack) have alignment specs for lowered cars?

THANKS!
PowerChip
Euro Front Bumper Strips, Debadged
E55 "Carbon Fiber" Door Pillar Trim
E55 Tail lights
E55 AMG/Bilstein Shocks
Eibach Springs, #1 Pads
H & R Sway Bars
Speed Yellow Calipers
18" x 8" SSR Integral Wheels
245/40ZR 18 Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Tires

1986 Porsche 944 Turbo