View Single Post
Old 08-15-2005, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenknots
I got a threaded 1/4-turn lever valve at a hardware store. Buy nipples to screw onto the ends and insert with hose clamps anywhere along the coolant line that you've installed for the exchanger.
make sure this is not done inline with the OEM flow of coolant. It should be a parallel circuit. you may want to either put a valve before and after exchanger orrrrrrr.. put a check valve after. This way if you turn coolant off completely hot coolant does not get pushed into the exchanger from the back side and sit there (unless you want it to)

The Glow Plug Wait: This waiting period is a moment of silence to pay honor to Rudolph Diesel. The longer you own your diesel the more honor you will give him". by SD Blue

My normal daily life; either SNAFUed- Situation Normal... All Fouled Up, or FUBARed- Fouled Up Beyond All Repair

62 UNIMOG Camper w/617 Turbo, 85 300SD daily driver- both powered by blended UCO fuels