View Single Post
Old 08-20-2005, 11:33 PM
Star Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobK
Sady,
I got a little present for you from Bernard. He had me down there doing some computer work the other day and I was telling him about how slow your starter turned. He had the guy in the shop grab one, test it and he handed it to me for you. I've got it riding around in the trunk of the SDL.
We'll have to get together soon and get it out of my trunk!
Can't wait to see the car in person all cleaned up.
BobK
During the last week, my starter began to die slowly, I think it developed a bad spot. (I would have to whack it with a hammer and steel rod to get it to crank. And it cranks very, very, very slowly. So I called Bob this morning, and my Dad drove me over (He did not want to take my car due to the starter) to Bobs this afternoon to pick up the starter. I got there, and he let me drive his pristine Grey SDL! It was a great ride, your can really feel that extra cylinder. We had a quick refreshment, Bob gave me a couple of 5 gallon drums for hauling WVO, and then we had to go.

Mad props to Bernard at European connection in Falmouth for giving me a Bosch rebuilt starter, and Bob for getting it for me!

I installed it this evening. It is amazing the difference!! I barly begin to bump the starter and its already running. And it spins sooo quickly!! Its amazing.

THANKS!

Last edited by 1985 300SD Sady; 08-01-2006 at 01:00 AM.