View Single Post
Old 08-25-2005, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaoneill
and was about to set it up on one of our farm tractors but had planned to utilize coolant heat by way of an HIH heat exchanger.

I am conservative in most respects and therefore had also planned to use a separate tank and filter for the wvo to avoid any down time if filter plugged or to enable an easy switch to dino when weather turns cold.

We have done some experimenting with a 20/80 blend in one of the tractors (fed from a temporary, strapped on tank). We ran under medium load for about eight hours and although all appeared to work fairly well, the blend seemed plenty thick to be running through the IP, idle was uneven, and even in 80 degree weather and it didn't start as quickly as on dino.

Jim
If you think a 2 tank system is going to prevent CLOGGED filters...YOUR in for a BIG SUPRIZE!

Fact: 20/80 RUG/WVO blend is LESS likely to clog filters than HEATED WVO. Trust me I know

My Mercedes starts a little less smooth on the blend, On the other hand my Cummins starts the same as when started on Diesel The Cummins does not have glow plugs but a intake heater.

If your Tractor has a CAV IP pump you better be careful they dont like WVO.
Bosch inline IP pumps work great for WVO.

1984 300SD.. White/Chrome Bunts..Green

1997 2500 Dodge Ram 5.9 Cummins 12 Valve 36 PSI of Boost = 400+hp & 800+tQ .. ..Greenspeed

2004 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 Quad Cab Cummins 5.9 H.O "596hp/1225tq" 6 spd. Man. Leather Heated seats/Loaded..Flame Red....GREENSPEED

Global warming...Doing my part, Smokin da hippies..

Fight the good fight!......

Last edited by Matt SD300; 08-25-2005 at 10:32 PM.