View Single Post
Old 08-28-2005, 10:50 AM
Ignoramus

Extended run-time...oil pressure drops

I had to make a run all the way down to Poughkeepsie (about 50 miles) and then to the place where I work, immediately after my stop, a non-stop drive. I drove about 100-125 miles in about an hour and a half.

I noticed that, after a good percentage of this drive, that the oil pressure started to falter while I was idling at a stop sign. It dropped to just a little over 1, and the needle was shaking. I turned the idle all of the way up, and the needle rose up to about 2.5...usually it would be pegged at the top.

Anyway, I drove it the parking lot of the building where I work, and shut it off. Came back outside after work (about 4 hours later....yeah, I make 10 dollars an hour and work 3.5 hour shifts, that is awesome for a kid my age) and started it up...the oil pressure was fine.

What happened, then!!?!!?!??
My name is Michael, and I am an 18 year old binge-drinkin', cigar-smokin', novel-writin', all around unsavory and unnattractive guy. I tell long-winded stories, and I only shave once a week, although I've had to do it every day since I was 16.