View Single Post
Old 06-12-2001, 02:24 PM
Razorback Soccer Dad
ASR and ABS light stay on all the time...still a symptom of the OVP.

The OVP relay does contain a fuse on the top. It is covered by a clear plastic cover. Check to see if it's OK.

I have heard of some members who have opened up the OVP and resoldered the poor connections and successfully repaired it...I'm kinda sloppy in that regard so I just bought the part and replaced it. I don't know about FastLane and PartsShop, but I got mine from Performance Products, and they had a money back, no questions asked policy on ALL parts, mechanical or electrical (very important when buying a $265 air flow meter and having it not solve a problem).

As far as your door chime problem, the chime unit may itself be gone (don't know where to begin on this one, since I don't have any experience here). Fuses are prone to age, and even though they make look good, they may have actually deteriorated. You may try replacing them systematically. Also, since several components share a single fuse, you mignt check the fuse chart and see if the components on the same fuse are working properly.
2009 ML350 (84K) - Family vehicle
2001 CLK430 Cabriolet (71K) - Wife's car
2005 BMW 645CI (124K) - My daily driver
2012 Mustang V6 (60K) - Daughter's car