View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlomon
Its a cheap and easy thing to check, so as crazy as it sounds, give it a look. Jonathan
ill try this later on.... thanks for the advise.... i hope my dealer didnt install the fan wrong... or im going to be PISSED!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROVERMAN
Are you using MB pink / orange coolant? (Probably if dealer changed radiator)
thanks- im not positive as to which coolant the dealer used... im assuming its the mb stuff.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyb
Is your fan clutch working okay? Couple of ways to check - does it engage when you first start the car and drive off? Is it engaged after sitting idle for a couple of minutes (and when the coolant temp is 105+)? You should get a pretty noticeable roaring sound from the engine fan when the clutch engages.
anthony- thanks for the suggestions as well- this is going to sound really stupid... but what exactly is the "fan clutch"....

when i turn on the car in the morning.. or after it has been sitting awhile... the aux fans are not on.... once the tempurature on my gauges gets to 100 or so the fans turn on.... they pretty much stay on when ever my therm gauges reads anything higher than 100-110ish... the therm has never redlined but has came very damn near close to it.... it only gets hot after i get off the highway or if im at a stop light..... the temp cools down as it is supposed to do when i am driving....

owe... and this is all in Kansas city... 90+ degree weather and the a/c on full blast....

i know something is wrong... owned the car since new and it has never got this hot....

below is a picture of the temp reading at a stop light....

thanks again for your guys advise... ill check the fans... and once i figure out what the fan clutch is... ill check that out as well

-charles
Attached Images
File Type: bmp temp gauge.bmp (24.2 KB, 82 views)