View Single Post
Old 09-01-2005, 05:23 PM
Dieseldiehard

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeywarren
I've had a good wander over the colour codes on your original post, and there's a really interesting choice on offer! Is there anywhere a place to see the colours as examples?

Or... can you post or PM me a pic of your blue?

ANYONE ELSE WHO KNOWS THE COLOUR CODE OF YOU BLUE - Could you do me a HUUUUGE favour and post a pic and code of your blue?!

As a background....I am having a £6,000 resto on my wagon (UK) and have the opportunity to change the colour to a dark blue. This decision needs to be made in the next 7 days or so... sooo I'm cap in hand to the forum for examples with codes! Dark blues win - but which one? Answers on a postcard... ;-)

cheers for any help or posts with codes in advance!
Hi Joe, My Blue '87 is all dirty in the shop with the head off and I am travelling for the weekend so its impossible to take apic for you.
What you need is a paint chips book. Go to a nearby body and paint shop, ask them if you can peruse their paint chips (sample) book.
You might have to lead them into thinking you are planning to have them paint the car. DuPont is popular here and there's Sikkens and Glasurit, the latter one may have changed their name. Anyhow all these paint companies make similar colors. Take the MB code list with you when you go to see what they have as equivalents on file.
I've been seeing a bright blue on this year's Suburu Foresters. Has anyone else seen them? It's a real bright metallic blue.
Say, Joey Did you ever swap the differential in your 230TE?
Cheers,
Reid