View Single Post
Old 06-14-2001, 09:38 AM
Posts: n/a
I am helping a friend with a 280 that has a sloppy shifter.

We pulled the rod out from between the transmission and the shifter itself. This is about a 24 inch piece that has a rubber bushing in the transmission side.

Can this bushing be replaced? It has a pin that holds it in going thru the rod. There is a fair amount of play in the bushing. We tried to hammer out that pin, but it wont budge.

The stealer told him they wanted 800.00 for the part and replacement!!

Thanks in advance.

Don C
Reply With Quote