For future reference in the archives…
Just in case anyone wants to know, I did a little mickey-mouse reverse engineering of sorts on the unit. I hooked up a vacuum gauge to see how this valve received vacuum under varying conditions. It gets a relatively low vacuum signal, which does not actually vary too much, but does vary consistently under the same conditions of loading & RPMs.
I then set up a temporary boost gauge and ran another line to the valve from my vacuum tester hand pump. While driving with all three hands & four eyeballs, I discovered that when vacuum is applied to the valve, the boost is inhibited. This leads to my conclusion that I will plug the vacuum line leading to the valve and leave the port open to the atmosphere.
Next on the list is wastegate adjustment, as I only am getting about 600 mbar of boost.