View Single Post
Old 09-12-2005, 11:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by peragro
Anyone have any experience with this test?

Do you use it to hire? to manage?

Just curious...
Easily manipulated. You can be whatever you want to be. I run a small office staffed by educated and skilled contractors. My influence extends to suggestions to the contract manager who hires the employees. I doubt they'd hire somebody I didn't want, but that would be their legal right.

I don't use any of those 'objective' measures of compatibility as anything special in the selection process. Instead, I use it like I would upon seeing an affectation or mannerism or behavior. It would go into the mix of a very subjective determination of how that person would fit into an office that requires extremely close coordination among peers. I look for a person who accepts criticism of their work but will also stand-up for what they believe is accurate and precise. I look for people who are tolerant of divergent views and are capable of compromise even when they believe they are correct. I don't believe there is an objective measure of these things.

Most of the contract employees have been with us for over 5 years. Some for 15 yrs. They leave because you bastards in private industry hire competent, skilled employees that we train and for whom we provide generous annual education budgets. You use lures of bigger money than we can possibly offer.

Bot