Thread: Backup Policy
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2005, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymr
In a business, losing 30 days of data could mean the loss of the business. However there is usually a budgeted expense involved for providing backup services. Although its unfortunate that we lost some good contributions to the MB forums, we shouldn't expect more than what we paid for, which for the great majority of us, is nothing.
I feel we, as users, are responsible for our own back-ups. If there is a thread you are following, simply save it to your hard drive. Each time I see a thread in a forum that is of particular interest to me, I simply save it. Had I saved any one thread from mshop, I would be glad to supply it to the owner/moderator; however, I looked and I have not save a thread from mshop, SL forum in a long time...

Oh, for those who do not know how... Using IE, for example, open the thread, then click on your file menu and then click on "save as". Designate a folder and save. The html will be saved, along with a folder of the same name. The folder will have all the .gif, jpeg, etc files located in it.

"Where is it again that we are going, and why are we in this handbasket"?