View Single Post
Old 10-16-2005, 07:37 PM

New "hobby" to take up my time

I was contemplating selling the '85 300D and purchasing a pick up truck. Well, things have kinda changed. I had three people tell me to just get a trailer so I put a hitch on the Honda and bought a 5 x 8 single axle trailer. Best move I have made in a long time. Anyway, now for the past couple Sundays we (the youngest boy and myself) have been hanging out at the local motocross track. He has been riding his heart out during practice days and today I decided to take the bike around the track for a few laps (KTM 85cc two stroke = haul butt). I raced for years in the early 70's and the last time I raced motocross was probably around 1974 about the time I went off to college. Anyway, now I seem to have gotten the bug all over again. I will probably try to pick up a Honda 250 four stroke over the next month or so and race in the old mans class. I wish I had gotten the oldest boy involved in this stuff about 4 years ago. I had forgotten how much I enjoy motocross racing and dirt bike riding. I find that it is a blast and I'm thinking it will prevent the youngest from getting off on the wrong path like his oldest brother. It is also a great way to blast away the burnout.
Anybody else on here into dirt bike/motocross? Any good net links out there?