View Single Post
Old 10-19-2005, 07:11 PM

Angry '97 E420 Died on Highway

I bought this car apx 3 weeks ago and have had no problems what so ever. Last night all of the sudden as I'm driving down the highway my car just cuts out completely. No sputtering or noises, no idications what so ever. The engine just stopped running and I coasted to a stop. No matter how much I tried it would not restart, no matter how long I waited. It would crank like a champ just never actually start. After reading other posts and trying to diagnose myself I was leaning towards thinking it was the fuel pump. I can hear the cranking start to slow from the battery loosing power because I have tried cranking it so much while doing tests. I went to the store and got Carb cleaner and the diagnostic tool from Auto Zone to pull codes. I ran the scan and it came up with NO codes at all. Then I decide to try the Carb cleaner. I was going to spray it in the air intake while cranking it to see if it would start to come to life. Well, now when I try to start it there is just a very fast clicking and it doesn't crank. I thought the battery might just not have the power to crank it now and so I hooked up my backup battery pack to it to let it charge. Please someone help me I am pulling my hair out.