View Single Post
Old 10-20-2005, 09:20 AM
MedMech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plantman
How about making him clean up after himself. Or better yet, not waking up in the middle of the night to" have somethin hot" and making a mess in the microwave and the stove underneath it. I can live with just about anything he says, but I cannot and will not accept him making a mess in my house.

My father is the opposite of me in that he'll walk around with a stain on his shirt in public and not realize it. When he does, it still won't bother him. Never has, and definitely never will.

I'm going to tell him in a minute that my wife gets up early to go to work and the last thing she needs is to wake up and see a dirty microwave before she leaves.

I bet it reminds him of you when you were a teenager, you're doing the right thing taking care of your dad! When my grandfather became to sick with cancer my family had to take care of him, at first it was a burdon and the burdon got even worse with time but after he passed we realized how wonderful the time we spent with him was. He developed stronger bonds with my children, even my 3 year old contributed.

You're dealt the cards now its up to you to make it a positive thing, I yearn for the opportunity to repay my parents for everything that they have done for me.

How old are your kids? maybe there is a hobby that they can do together like model building, wood working, or something internet related where your children can teach him. I never realized how smart the old farts are until I gave them the opportunity to teach me something.