Thread: diesel secret
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2005, 02:43 AM
Patriotic Scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmari
You don't need the 1oz of diesel rip off. There are many people blending successfully without diesel, it's no secret it's a ripoff. Moth balls ( paradichlorobenzene & naphthalene) is very toxic and not necessary for a successful blend.

There is a blend that uses plant oils and was very close to being put to market in Germany. One of the researchers name is Hans Peter Schur. The formula was patented but has expired. Google search Schur Ecofuel, it's a bend 80% canola oil 15% gasoline 5% isoproplyl alcohol. Here's a quick blurb from a crappy google translation, for those who can't search

"A Mercedes Benz of 300 turbo-Diesels is operated without problems since more than 200,000 km with the fuel. The engine of this vehicle was so far three times partly divided and examined by the company Hoeckele, Moessingen, (see reports). The results were very positive. Were neither nonspecific carbon deposits to recognize nor gluings of the piston rings or other damage. Surprising way was cleaner the inside of the engine with each examination of the engine than during the preceding dismantling, which suggests that the fuel has also a cleaning effect. The emission values of the vehicle were measured twice with the TUEV and found good."

Very cool links. I've spent the evening reading them. Some of the questions I've come up with mostly concern the wax precipitation thing. How common is this? I'm assuming that it's somewhat temperature dependent. Also, as you can see from my signature, the two vehicles I'm running are both diesel. I'm quite interested in experimenting with the F-350. Are there things that I should know that are different with the Merc than with the F-350?