View Single Post
Old 10-21-2005, 09:00 AM
Senior Benz fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklim
I'm not sure that is totally accurate. You see, you can get B20 but what is the 80% made of? I got pure dino to compare and with most I get about 600 miles on a tank. With Woodman's diesel the best I got was 540 miles. That is comparing dino with dino. My point is that since you have B20, you don't know where the 80% came from. In your case, you could have biodiesel mixed with really good diesel vs 100% dino of average stuff.

I used straight diesel and mixed B100 in it to get varying mixes of Biodiesel and I run the tank almost dry. I found that keeping the dino diesel consistant I actually lost a couple of mpg.
Well what I meant is I have not been about to compare with B80, B99 or B100 becasue I have no local sources....

I did notice a drop in milege the last two months I was running pure Dino (price differential was too great) when prices came back to earth at the Navy exchange I went back there again...and my milage per tank has improved again.....but I have heard of others who had decreaces in milage running Biodiesel blends...I have seen increaces...I guess its a case of YMMV
1983 300D W123
1975 Ironhead Sportster chopper
1987 GMC 3/4 ton 4X4 Diesel
1989 Honda Civic (Heavily modified)
---------------------
Section 609 MVAC Certified
---------------------
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche