View Single Post
Old 10-21-2005, 01:51 PM

90 miles. Hmmm. Young you are and much have you to learn before..

.. a WVO Jedi can you be.

Actually, a nice, clean setup given your limited space requirements. Nice oil, too.

One caution, though---I thought I had this whipped too at 90 miles, but you will likely hit the wall around 1K as the WVO starts knocking loose any possble accumulated goo that's in your tank.

If you haven't flushed the tank, you may need to later. Put some clear tubing anyplace you can to observe the dynamics of the system until the bugs are worked out.

Be watchful for the classic air bubbles in the system. This is air responding to any leaks that will be revealed due to the increased friction of the heavier WVO blend.

Replace all rubber hoses, use quality band-type hose clamps and expect filters to begin loading up.

Carry extra filters and wrenches to change on the road.

If your old style primer pump handle (which you will probably use more often than you think for the next few weeks) snaps back to the down position when you let go of it, and if your primary filter has run dry, this is proof that you tank strainer is loading up. Pull the gas cap and reverse flush the lines with compressed air if this occurs, and it will buy you more time.

Once you get thru this phase, you will be able to really enjoy the benefits of WVO use.

I know because I'm not there yet- the tank gets flushed this weekend.

Regards,
2009 SCION XB 36.5K
2003 LS430 78K
2012 Kubota B 2320