View Single Post
Old 10-24-2005, 07:23 PM
Zero

Their are so many crap W140's out their.

Good examples of these cars are much harder to track down then I thought. My friend and I spent a good chunk of today driving around looking for a W140 for him. We looked at 3, one was flat out junk:
A 1997 S420 that the dealer said was a perfect 9 out of 10 car. Just walking around the car we found the rear view mirrors broken and one was being held on by a wire. The under body panals were missing and I could see an oil leak coming down from behind the engine and what looked like ATF dripping off the trans pan. The body had a bunch of chips, nicks and marks, the hood star was also missing. the interior was pretty dirty and beat. Without even driving the car I would give it a 5 out of 10. $17k
The next was a 1995 S320 for $10,995. It was actually in pretty good shape but the interior was kind of worn and it had a respray that was noticable. For $9k it was probably a decent buy.
The third car was a 300SE and was pretty decent but it was older then my friend wanted to consider.
Their is also a 1995 S500 local car that is completly shot. The suspension sags and the interior and exterior are beat.

Another downside is since all these cars were at used car lots their were no service records.

So where are all the one owner, mint, full service record W140's found? I am thinking maybe we should talk to the local MB dealer and try and snag a trade in.

I know with W140's you have to be carefull a used car lot pig can get real $$$$ real fast.
2007 Tiara 3200