View Single Post
Old 10-24-2005, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready-ronnie
This diesel price is a bunch of bull. You guys need to be writing to your representatives. Just because freight companies can pass along fuel increases the oil companies think they can get away with it. I have not even heard a reason why its a dollar more than regular. This price is killing the farmers around hear.
When people really started to complain and congress started to investagate, suddenly the price of gas started droping, duh
I think it's related to the sudden rush on heating oil.

But as far as I'm concerned, if anything is being regulated and "protected" from price rises, it ought to be diesel, not gas. If gas is too expensive, a lot of people get screwed over, but if diesel is expensive, everybody gets screwed over. Diesel touches pretty much everybody because of its importance in so many industries. Unless you're Amish, chances are something you buy depends on diesel.

The whole thing fascinates me. It's an extremely complicated issue, and sometimes I'm not sure they shouldn't just let fuel prices go nuts all around. The fact is, we're talking about something in seriously limited supply that is being demanded by WAY too many consumers than it can possibly support in the long run. Something's gotta give.
2018 Chevy Cruze diesel, 6-speed manual, satin steel metallic/kalahari--19,000 miles
1982 Peugeot 505 diesel, 4-speed manual, blue/blue, 130,000 miles
1995 S320, black/parchment--34,000 miles (Dad's car)