View Single Post
Old 10-30-2005, 07:09 PM

Quote:
I would try the tough love route, and keep it in the family.
This stuff is starting to get my blood boiling especially when I try to convey to the wife what needs to be done. I mentioned to her the "tough" love routine and she said that she needs to show him unconditional love. Where in hell did that come from. I told her that is what she is supposed to have for me - LOL. She could give a crap whether I am dead or alive as far as I can tell. Anyway she has a stack of cards on the table and I asked her about it and she said she was going to mail a letter to Ross EVERY day. I read the first one that went out yesteday and in it she mentioned how he was AWSOME - BS - anybody that that steals from his younger brother to purchase coke, gets sent to YDC for 2 months for drugs and ends up in rehab for a year for doing coke/pot is NOT awsome in my book. THEY ARE LOSERS. Then she mentioned something about the bible verse where the father slaughters the fattened pig when his oldest son returns after blowing the riches that were given him. I reminded her about a couple of the bible versus that mention raising kids to respect their elders and said that I'm sure there are others in there that provide direction on raising kids. Isn't there one in there about spare the rod, spoil the child. This crap came from the same person that told me the reason I was sick a couple months ago was because God was punishing me for being mean to the kids (making them mind).

I asked her what it would take to get her in to see a counselor or therapist and she said that she believed in raising kids by making sure they have a happy childhood and that she felt she needed to show him unconditional love and that she did not need any help. What a crock. The kid will eventually wind up in prison and more than likely will die at a very early age. I can't tell you how many times I have seen this type situation.

Sorry to get off on a tangent but I am pissed right now.