View Single Post
Old 10-31-2005, 12:33 AM

Rant and more rant

Well, I usually don't like to rant, but this is an exceptional case as I feel like I was being robbed.

My rear passenger window got stuck on the way back from Philadelphia Monday. Called the dealer at 1:30 p.m. and asked if they were able to have a look at the car. I told them I believe it was caused by a blown fuse because none of the windows worked. The lady on the phone told me she would be more than happy to ask a mechanic to stay and wait for me since I was on the way back to Maryland, Annapolis to be exact.

Got to the dealership and the Service Advisor was a complete jerk. He told me there was absolutely no way he could have a menchanic to look at my car without a prior appointment. He proceeded to tell me I should have it looked at while I was in Philly, and that the car is so old that maybe I should consider to buy a new car instead of fixing it. I told him what the phone operator promised me. And I told him it was probably something as simple as a blown fuse. He sweared up and down that my '87 300E has relay and he did not think it was a fuse. Then he disappeared for 15 minutes claiming to find out who made me that promise. By the time he came back, it was 5:00 and all the mechanics had already left.

Well, to make the long story short. I had to left the car there as the Noreaster was moving in and started to rain. The dealer gave me a loaner and I told them I would be out of town for the next 3 days starting the very next day. They told me I could use the loaner for 3 days with no miles limitations.

The Service Advisor called me the next day around 8:00 a.m. and told me the window was fixed.

When I went picked up the car on Thursday evening, the bill came to $300!! They fixed my window alright. It was a blown fuse as I suspected. On the way to the dealership, I called the Service Advisor and told him I was on my way because I was driving back from Southwestern Virginia. He told me I better get there soon as the shop closes at 6:30 p.m. But when I got there at 6:15 p.m., the posted operating hours are 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. He even lied about the closing hours.

Since the work already performed, there is nothing I could do but to pay the bill. Now the radio is not working and the same guy wanted me to set up another appointment to have it fixed. What a scum bag.

I called the General Manager of the dealer on Saturday and told him my ordeal since he knows me as a long time customer and had referred many friends to purchase new cars from them, as recent as last year. He told me he will have the Senior Manager of Service to call me tomorrow and have this square away. Wonder what will come out of it.

The Service Advisor really pissed me off. I just wonder if I should have his arse when his boss calls tomorrow.