Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help




Go Back   PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Tech Information and Support > Detailing and Interior

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-20-2005, 10:08 AM
intelligent
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Question Replaced MB Seats With Non-Benz SEATS?

Dear All,
I would like to know which forum members have replaced their mercedes seats with non-mercedes seats. I know one forum member has replaced his seats from a BMW and loves them so I was wondering if anyone else has done this. Please tell me about your experience and PLEASE post pics here if you can. I was thinking about replacing my seats either with the Lexus RX 300, BMW 5-series, Cadillac STS seats. Those leather seats are far more comfortable than my original MB-TEX seats and I believe they will be much more adjustable and look better. I am planning on doing both from and rear seats.
Thanking you in advance
Have a happy and safe holiday
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-20-2005, 11:26 AM
3 MB's and counting!
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,825
That would look so stupid and unoriginal.
__________________
99 C43
98 S420
99 C230K
01 C240
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-20-2005, 12:02 PM
intelligent
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenzOnline
That would look so stupid and unoriginal.
I dont think so. Although I will keep my original seats for originality purposes, I would enjoy comfort and looks of the seats that I had mentioned above.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-20-2005, 12:58 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Northumberland, UK
Posts: 1,294
I have seen on E-Bay a G-Wagen with seats from an Audi TT.

I don't suppose all seats are mounted to their cars in the same fashion, though. And in my view MB seats are extremely comfortable. Often seats from one car may not feel the same in a different car. This is because the springing of the seats is tuned to match the springing of the suspension.
__________________
JJ Rodger
1999 SL 500
1993 320 TE
1986 500 SEC
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-20-2005, 05:39 PM
intelligent
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrodger
I have seen on E-Bay a G-Wagen with seats from an Audi TT.

I don't suppose all seats are mounted to their cars in the same fashion, though. And in my view MB seats are extremely comfortable. Often seats from one car may not feel the same in a different car. This is because the springing of the seats is tuned to match the springing of the suspension.
My seating in the 95 E300D is in excellent shape, no marks, no rips and looks almost new. Still I don't think that these MB-TEX seats are comfortable or that great looking. Maybe I'll sell them once I get my new seats fitted in this summer.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-20-2005, 05:56 PM
TX76513's Avatar
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Brandon, Mississippi
Posts: 5,203
If you could get the entire interior to match it would be OK. There is a ton of very kewl aftermarket seats out there, but mostly geared for SL class of car. Couldn't imagine my SDL with Corbeau or Sparco racing seats in the front and back
__________________
BENZ THERE DONE THAThttp://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/...c/progress.gif
15 VW Passat TDI
00 E420
98 E300 DT
97 E420 Donor Car - NEED PARTS? PM ME!
97 S500
97 E300D
86 Holden Jackaroo Turbo D
86 300SDL
(o\|/o)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-20-2005, 06:48 PM
intelligent
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX76513
If you could get the entire interior to match it would be OK. There is a ton of very kewl aftermarket seats out there, but mostly geared for SL class of car. Couldn't imagine my SDL with Corbeau or Sparco racing seats in the front and back
Oh, I'm not entertaining any of those "racing" seats.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-25-2005, 10:45 PM
Veloce300DT's Avatar
TEAM MULHOLLAND
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Sacramento-Bay Area Corridor
Posts: 1,110
You are nuts! Theres nothing more beautiful than the crisp edges, pleating, and posture of a MB factory seat in perfect show room condition,esp. paired with the outlasting MB Tex which looks and feels close enough to leather but wont suck up dirt and wont crackle in the sun. In my opinion MB seats are a simple and elegant design statement. No other car seat looks like an MB seat, or feels like an MB seat. EVEN MB Tex has a very high quality feel... down to the seams, piping, and stitching.

It would probably take some big $ to retro-fit another manufacturers seat into the front of an MB properly if you didnt do it yourself, not to mention the headache of fitting a different rear seat.... what would you do with the rear head rests?
__________________
Nate

1995 E420
1992 BMW 525i
1984 300D Turbo sold
1993 Volvo 244 sold
1995 Volvo 944T R.I.P!


"The details are not details. They make the product."
-Charles Eames

www.cbs.nu
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-27-2005, 11:39 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: RI shore
Posts: 2,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veloce300DT
You are nuts! Theres nothing more beautiful than the crisp edges, pleating, and posture of a MB factory seat in perfect show room condition,esp. paired with the outlasting MB Tex which looks and feels close enough to leather but wont suck up dirt and wont crackle in the sun. In my opinion MB seats are a simple and elegant design statement. No other car seat looks like an MB seat, or feels like an MB seat. EVEN MB Tex has a very high quality feel... down to the seams, piping, and stitching.

It would probably take some big $ to retro-fit another manufacturers seat into the front of an MB properly if you didnt do it yourself, not to mention the headache of fitting a different rear seat.... what would you do with the rear head rests?
well, I was hoping to complete a few more details before I snapped some pictures, but my original goal last winter was to have replaced my MB seats with something much better. But except for seat track covering and a few minor carpet issues, my project is complete. I'll try to post some pictures here soon. The BMW seats do not look Frankenstein IMHO, but I will take a few shots and let you be the judge.

BTW, most pieces/parts from the old seats are free for the asking if you pay shipping - PM me.
__________________
'82 300SD - 361K mi - "Blue"

"Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement."

listen, look, .........and duck.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-27-2005, 12:23 PM
intelligent
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete Burton
well, I was hoping to complete a few more details before I snapped some pictures, but my original goal last winter was to have replaced my MB seats with something much better. But except for seat track covering and a few minor carpet issues, my project is complete. I'll try to post some pictures here soon. The BMW seats do not look Frankenstein IMHO, but I will take a few shots and let you be the judge.

BTW, most pieces/parts from the old seats are free for the asking if you pay shipping - PM me.
I would de delighted to see your pics!! Did you do the rear as well?
Thanks and can't wait to see those pics
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-29-2005, 06:16 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: RI shore
Posts: 2,937
seat pics

still not done on the details, but getting there. Like the armrest
Attached Thumbnails
Replaced MB Seats With Non-Benz SEATS?-05%5B1%5D.12.28_016.jpg   Replaced MB Seats With Non-Benz SEATS?-05%5B1%5D.12.28_017.jpg   Replaced MB Seats With Non-Benz SEATS?-05%5B1%5D.12.28_018.jpg   Replaced MB Seats With Non-Benz SEATS?-05%5B1%5D.12.28_019.jpg  
__________________
'82 300SD - 361K mi - "Blue"

"Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement."

listen, look, .........and duck.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-29-2005, 07:06 PM
pawoSD's Avatar
Dieselsüchtiger
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 15,062
What are those seats from?
__________________
-diesel is not just a fuel, its a way of life-
'15 GLK250 Bluetec 80k - mine - (OC-80,500)
'17 Metris(VITO!) - 11k - wifes (OC-17k)
'01 E320 Wagon - 159k - mine (OC-160,000)
'01 E320 - 172k - dad's (OC-171,500)
'07 E350 Wagon - 131k - dad's (OC-132,500)
'01 SL500 - 50k - dad's (OC-52,000)
'09 E350 4matic Sedan - 142k - Brothers (OC-141,500)
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-29-2005, 07:23 PM
Stevo's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: NW WA
Posts: 6,292
Yah, very nice Pete, what year Beemer?
__________________

1985 Euro 300TD 5 spd 220K
1985 Euro 240D 5 spd 130K
1979 240D 5 spd, 40K on engine rebuild
1994 Dodge/Cummins, 5 spd, 121K
1964 Allice Chalmers D15 tractor
2014 Kubota L3800 tractor
1964 VW bug

"Lifes too short to drive a boring car"
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-29-2005, 07:48 PM
t walgamuth's Avatar
dieselarchitect
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lafayette Indiana
Posts: 34,495
as my buddy homer

says, "it looks like they grew there".

very nice.

tom w
__________________
[SIGPIC] Diesel loving autocrossing grandpa Architect. 08 Dodge 3/4 ton with Cummins & six speed; I have had about 35 benzes. I have a 39 Studebaker Coupe Express pickup in which I have had installed a 617 turbo and a five speed manual.[SIGPIC]

..I also have a 427 Cobra replica with an aluminum chassis.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-29-2005, 11:39 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: RI shore
Posts: 2,937
seats are from a 98 BMW 750iL. I used seat heater controls from a Quattro.
__________________
'82 300SD - 361K mi - "Blue"

"Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement."

listen, look, .........and duck.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page