PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum

PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum (
-   Diesel Discussion (
-   -   Where can I find a cross reference for: (

dpbrowne 12-13-2004 03:28 PM

Where can I find a cross reference for:
I am going down to the boneyard this weekend looking for a Power steering pump, master cylinder and brake booster for my 1983 300SD. Where can I find a listing of all of the other cars I can strip for these parts? years and models. Thank you. Dennis

Brian Carlton 12-13-2004 03:54 PM

Without the individual parts lists for each year, I cannot tell you with certainty, however, you should be reasonably safe with any SD from 1981-1985.

You could go onto Fastlane and confirm this by looking at each year for each individual component.

Jimmy Joe 12-13-2004 04:24 PM

Yeah, that's how I do it. Go to the parts web sites, and look up the part, through various years, noting the #.
Make sure you verify on more than one site, as there are mistakes to be made....

wolf_walker 12-13-2004 08:07 PM

Ask the yard if they can print you an interchange, all the major salvage yard software can do this. Might not be possible if it's strictly a u-pull-it yard..

phantoms 12-13-2004 09:51 PM

You should be able to interchange it there.

vox_incognita 12-14-2004 09:52 AM

For booster ,master cyl.and other brake/clutch parts,if your systems are ATE-TEVES,try
and search the online catalog. Right0-click every part and choose "related vehicles"
Goog luck. This work also with other manufacturers that have TecDoc online Bosch,hella etc.Seved me plenty of time....

jbaj007 12-14-2004 12:16 PM

Hollander Interchange and Interchange Inc., both publish a catalog (printed and electronic), that lists interchangable parts for most all vehicles. They are not cheap (~$450) and are fairly jealously gaurded. Because of the cost, they are usually only found at wrecker's yards and larger parts places (old school legit; real countermen) not at McParts type places.

Perhaps you can finagle someone who has access to these to give you a look, as wolf_walker suggested.

Your era 300SD had Bendix and/or Teves brake parts; and Vickers or ZF power steering parts, so the manufacturer name is important for you.

phantoms 12-14-2004 09:00 PM

The car-part link I posted above uses the hollander system from what I understand. It doesn't give you a direct interchange like hollander can, but if you look up a part (say a 85 300D starter), it will list all starters in the system that fit along with what kind of vehical they came from basically giving you the interchange info.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website