Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help




Go Back   PeachParts Mercedes ShopForum > Technical Information and Support > Diesel Discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-31-2005, 12:27 PM
arcticathlon's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Richmond, Tx
Posts: 1,119
Yay my High Mileage Award arrived today!!!

well my high mileage award came to day, and i was not expecting it this fast. i sent it off like 1.5 weeks ago. i will install the emblem asap. the booklet thing is cool, i though i would only get a small box with the award.
Attached Thumbnails
Yay my High Mileage Award arrived today!!!-53400001.jpg   Yay my High Mileage Award arrived today!!!-53400002.jpg   Yay my High Mileage Award arrived today!!!-53400010.jpg  
__________________

Grey '91 350SDL 214k
Beige '81 240D 4 Speed 254k
Blue '82 300D 225k
White '95 E300D 46k SOLD
Blue '87 190D 2.5 Turbo 315k SOLD
Brown '80 240D 4 Speed 716k SOLD
Beige '80 300D N/A 119k SOLD
Blue '85 300D Model 186k T-Boned
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-31-2005, 12:34 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 50
yo thats pretty cool. im almost at 250k miles or 402,336 kilometers. when are the badges issued? how much are they?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-31-2005, 12:47 PM
arcticathlon's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Richmond, Tx
Posts: 1,119
these tags are free. all you need to do is print and fill out the form, get it signed by a dealer, and then send it off.

here is the pdf you need:
http://www.mbusa.com/media/downloads/main/heritage/High_Mileage_Application.pdf

The levels of achivements are:
250,000 km / 155,000 miles
500,000 km / 312,000 miles
750,000 km / 468,000 miles
1,000,000 km / 625,000 miles
1,000,000 miles
__________________

Grey '91 350SDL 214k
Beige '81 240D 4 Speed 254k
Blue '82 300D 225k
White '95 E300D 46k SOLD
Blue '87 190D 2.5 Turbo 315k SOLD
Brown '80 240D 4 Speed 716k SOLD
Beige '80 300D N/A 119k SOLD
Blue '85 300D Model 186k T-Boned
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-31-2005, 12:49 PM
RUN-EM's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 313
High Mileage Awards

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieBenz
yo thats pretty cool. im almost at 250k miles or 402,336 kilometers. when are the badges issued? how much are they?
They are free from Mercedes. You can look up the form to use via the search option on this site, print out the form, get it signed by any Benz dealer, send it to the address. Miles required are about 156,000 or 250,000 kilos for the first badge. There is another at 500,000 and another at 750,000kilos. You will also receive a nice letter of commendation suitable for framing.
Plus you will get a booklet of items you may purchase....model cars, watches, etc. Cool stuff. Enjoy

Regards

Run-em
1983 300 SD "SPARKY THE DIESEL"
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-31-2005, 01:24 PM
Willing Participant
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 1,276
"Sparky" the diesel? Is that like Curly, the bald guy?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-31-2005, 01:42 PM
boneheaddoctor's Avatar
Senior Benz fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Hells half acre (Great Falls, Virginia)
Posts: 16,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticathlon
these tags are free. all you need to do is print and fill out the form, get it signed by a dealer, and then send it off.

here is the pdf you need:
http://www.mbusa.com/media/downloads/main/heritage/High_Mileage_Application.pdf

The levels of achivements are:
250,000 km / 155,000 miles
500,000 km / 312,000 miles
750,000 km / 468,000 miles
1,000,000 km / 625,000 miles
1,000,000 miles
6K miles away from the first one with my W123.....and about 35K away with my W116 for the first one...
__________________
Proud owner of ....
1971 280SE W108
1979 300SD W116
1983 300D W123
1975 Ironhead Sportster chopper
1987 GMC 3/4 ton 4X4 Diesel
1989 Honda Civic (Heavily modified)
---------------------
Section 609 MVAC Certified
---------------------
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-31-2005, 07:16 PM
RUN-EM's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 313
An explanation of sorts in behalf of SPARKY THE DIESEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1983/300CD
"Sparky" the diesel? Is that like Curly, the bald guy?
Not at all. Sparky has been an appropriate name for my beloved 300 sd since day one of my ownership tenure......when it set fire via electrical sparks to some carpet insulation in the interior tunnel just below the cigarette lighter. And there I were, whizzin down the Jersey turnpike at 85 to 90 in ass-hole to belly button/ cheek to cheek traffic. The wifey screams "We're on ffffffffire #$@*&^%$#@@)*&^% !!!!!!!!!! So, I grab her with my right hand to prevent her bailin outa the car, steer with my left knee, brake and gas it with my right foot, and try to pull out the ashtray with my left hand. Multi-tasking at its best. Well, sir, you can say all you want about the rudeness of the New Jersey people, but when they see black smoke rollin outa the sun roof and windows of a black Benz, and bein driven quite oddly by two people jumpin and squirmin inside, they back the hell off and I had all lanes to myself very suddenly. I guess it is just sumpthin about wantin to see the kids/wife/house or even tomorrow that triggered the self preservation instinct in em and allowed us to pull over to the roadside and extinguish the fire . And like all good Benzes, it has had its' share of blown fuses/ fussy window switches/ climate control/ blower issues to keep Mama Benz proud. So. yes ...."SPARKY THE DIESEL" it is.

Regards

Run-em
1983 300 SD - aka., "SPARKY THE DIESEL"
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-31-2005, 07:26 PM
dieseldiehard's Avatar
Dieseldiehard
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Bay Area No Calif.
Posts: 4,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUN-EM
Not at all. Sparky has been an appropriate name for my beloved 300 sd since day one of my ownership tenure......when it set fire via electrical sparks to some carpet insulation in the interior tunnel just below the cigarette lighter. And there I were, whizzin down the Jersey turnpike at 85 to 90 in ass-hole to belly button/ cheek to cheek traffic. The wifey screams "We're on ffffffffire #$@*&^%$#@@)*&^% !!!!!!!!!! So, I grab her with my right hand to prevent her bailin outa the car, steer with my left knee, brake and gas it with my right foot, and try to pull out the ashtray with my left hand. Multi-tasking at its best. Well, sir, you can say all you want about the rudeness of the New Jersey people, but when they see black smoke rollin outa the sun roof and windows of a black Benz, and bein driven quite oddly by two people jumpin and squirmin inside, they back the hell off and I had all lanes to myself very suddenly. I guess it is just sumpthin about wantin to see the kids/wife/house or even tomorrow that triggered the self preservation instinct in em and allowed us to pull over to the roadside and extinguish the fire . And like all good Benzes, it has had its' share of blown fuses/ fussy window switches/ climate control/ blower issues to keep Mama Benz proud. So. yes ...."SPARKY THE DIESEL" it is.

Regards

Run-em
1983 300 SD - aka., "SPARKY THE DIESEL"

Folks in Texas don't pay no mind to people acting like that on the roads, they figure the driver is playing with a gun or sumptin.
__________________
'99 E320 latest car. '95 E320 Wagon my favorite road car. '99 E300D, '87 300D Sportline suspension, '79 300TD w/ 617.952 engine.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-31-2005, 08:53 PM
Southernstar's Avatar
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 196
I just recently received mine. I really enjoyed the matierial that was sent with it. Great stuff.

Charlie
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-31-2005, 10:59 PM
Eugene 87 300TD's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 49
Got mine last week!

Cool stuff!

Nice models in the catalog, wish they had my 300SD...
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-16-2006, 06:35 PM
carson356
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
arrived today

my 250K mileage award arrived today, got it within 2 weeks. wish i had done it sooner
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-16-2006, 07:51 PM
deerefanatic's Avatar
Diesel & John Deere Nut
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Sturgis, MI area
Posts: 849
my experiences were similar to yours, only took about 4 weeks.

Check my personal pages on my website for pics. www.icsrepair.com
__________________
-Matt

EPA Section 609 Certified MVAC Technician
-----------------
Oil Burner Kartel Member #10

Ahh the smell of Diesel Fuel, it's like coffee in the morning!

My Car:

1982 300SD Turbo Diesel (231,500 miles!) RIP

1984 300SD Turbo Diesel Custom (235,500 mi on driveline.) - On Road!!

www.icsrepair.com

Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-16-2006, 08:01 PM
TheDon's Avatar
Open Discussion Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Windermere,FL
Posts: 13,206
do you think if i have a notary public fill out the paper work they will send me a high milage award.. a notary is kinda like a dealer signing off they have to look at my odometer
__________________

|1983 300D| OM617 239k Miles|Red|"Passion"|
|1982 300D Euro|OM617 NA| Thistle Green|"Granny Smith|
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-16-2006, 08:08 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 300
my w116 blew away the 155k mi... before i even owned it!! so can i apply for the award, even though I didn't drive all those miles??
__________________
1982 300D (w123, "Grey Car")
1982 300D (w123, "Blue Car")
2001 Ford F150 "Clifford" (The Big Red Truck)
1997 Dodge Ram 2500 12V Cummins
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 12V Cummins
Previous Vehicles:
1995 E300D, 1980 300SD, 1992 Buick Century, 2005 Saturn Ion
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-16-2006, 08:10 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 1,590
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarod
my w116 blew away the 155k mi... before i even owned it!! so can i apply for the award, even though I didn't drive all those miles??
Yes you can and while you're at it you may as well register yourself with Mercedes as the new owner of your car as you get road side assistance even if you aren't the first owner.
__________________
1983 300-D turbo
1985 300-D turbo
1959 Harley Panhead chopper
1929 Ford coupe restored
I hang out with Boneheaddoctor at Schuman Automotive OBK#5
All liberals are mattoids but not all mattoids are liberal.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page