Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help




Go Back   PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Tech Information and Support > Diesel Discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-02-2005, 07:40 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 75
Hanging vacuum hose under the dash

When I was working on my 82 300TD ACC box, I noticed right underneath the metal steering column boxed bracket, a vacuum hose was daggling. I don't see anything it could go to. I got the ACC working with some solder. Defrost, heat, vents all work good. However, nothing blows from the center or drivers side vent. I'm thinking that vacuum line fell off of a control for those vents. Anyone have an idea of where the heck this thing goes? It looks like maybe behind the instrument cluster? Any ACC vacuum controls behind the cluster? Also, what is the best way to remove the cluster?

erik
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-02-2005, 07:43 PM
boneheaddoctor's Avatar
Senior Benz fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Hells half acre (Great Falls, Virginia)
Posts: 16,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by propigskin
When I was working on my 82 300TD ACC box, I noticed right underneath the metal steering column boxed bracket, a vacuum hose was daggling. I don't see anything it could go to. I got the ACC working with some solder. Defrost, heat, vents all work good. However, nothing blows from the center or drivers side vent. I'm thinking that vacuum line fell off of a control for those vents. Anyone have an idea of where the heck this thing goes? It looks like maybe behind the instrument cluster? Any ACC vacuum controls behind the cluster? Also, what is the best way to remove the cluster?

erik
center dash vents only blow at ambient temps and they are vent only....yeah I know what possesed them to do that.....I like hot and cold air from those too but its not happening on the Benz.

You can push it out from underneither of make a set of hooks from a coat hanger...the cluster is interference fit... don't remember any ACC controls behind the cluster...but then I wasn't looking for them there either..

Look it up here.. http://skinnerbox.steaky.org
__________________
Proud owner of ....
1971 280SE W108
1979 300SD W116
1983 300D W123
1975 Ironhead Sportster chopper
1987 GMC 3/4 ton 4X4 Diesel
1989 Honda Civic (Heavily modified)
---------------------
Section 609 MVAC Certified
---------------------
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-02-2005, 08:10 PM
Craig
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
What color was the vacuum line? There is a black line from the engine compartment that is supposed to vent under the dash.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-02-2005, 08:15 PM
Craig
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneheaddoctor
center dash vents only blow at ambient temps and they are vent only....yeah I know what possesed them to do that.....I like hot and cold air from those too but its not happening on the Benz.[/URL]
My 82 300D center vents blow cold with the AC on, but do not work with heat. I believe that is how they are designed to work.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-02-2005, 08:18 PM
boneheaddoctor's Avatar
Senior Benz fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Hells half acre (Great Falls, Virginia)
Posts: 16,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig
My 82 300D center vents blow cold with the AC on, but do not work with heat. I believe that is how they are designed to work.
My A/C doesn't work but my center vents only blow in the narrow white zone on the ACC temp dial...

Same with my W116 which does have a good working ACC system.
__________________
Proud owner of ....
1971 280SE W108
1979 300SD W116
1983 300D W123
1975 Ironhead Sportster chopper
1987 GMC 3/4 ton 4X4 Diesel
1989 Honda Civic (Heavily modified)
---------------------
Section 609 MVAC Certified
---------------------
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-02-2005, 08:24 PM
Craig
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneheaddoctor
My A/C doesn't work but my center vents only blow in the narrow white zone on the ACC temp dial...

Same with my W116 which does have a good working ACC system.
That's how my 123 works too. When the system is delivering heat the center vents shut off. When it's on "economy" (set in the white or blue) the center vents blow fresh air. When the AC is on the center vents blow cold. I don't know how the 116s work.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page