Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Tech Information and Support > Diesel Discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-20-2006, 07:47 PM
Fuzzball's Avatar
Registered Agitator
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 716
SWMBO is on the road!

Well, it's taken about 8 months, a few hundred on Ebay, untold amounts to RLEO, a lot of supportive commentary from RLEO and Leathermang, but my wife finally walked into the registration center and transferred title.

Whewwwwww....

While trying unsuccessfully to connect her 10 disc CD player to the radio I popped a wire loose or something. Can't get the dang radio out of the center console either..... so, she's driving without distractions...(funny how that happened).

needs a new thermostat...won't get hotter than about 60 degrees...won't get very warm in the cabin.

Got one window that won't go down, but the motor works because I can see the lights dim when I hit the button.

Next thing is complete oil change, filter, and de-gunk the fuel sending unit so it'll tell the right fuel level. Then a front end align at Speedy Align....

Of course, none of that can begin until she gets home with it from the ranch.....

Anyways, it's been a great week...boy is that 300D quick!! Tranny is tight! I wish my SD was as quick, smoke free and tight shifting.... Oh well.

__________________
1998 W202 C230 - The money pit of late.
1984 W126 300SD (356,800 miles) Gone to the wrenchapart
1984 W123 300D Gone to the wrenchapart
1972 W108 280SE 3.5 (sold but not forgotten)
1986 Buick Grand National 3.8l Turbo (86k miles)
1966 Glassic Model 'A' Replica http://www.glassicannex.org

http://banners.wunderground.com/weat...Round_Rock.gif
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-20-2006, 09:35 PM
R Leo's Avatar
Stella!
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: En te l'eau Rant
Posts: 5,393
Congratz! Keep on klatterin'!
__________________
Never a dull moment at Berry Hill Farm.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-20-2006, 10:15 PM
H-townbenzoboy's Avatar
Now Y2K Compliant
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 4,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzball
Well, it's taken about 8 months, a few hundred on Ebay, untold amounts to RLEO, a lot of supportive commentary from RLEO and Leathermang, but my wife finally walked into the registration center and transferred title.

Whewwwwww....

While trying unsuccessfully to connect her 10 disc CD player to the radio I popped a wire loose or something. Can't get the dang radio out of the center console either..... so, she's driving without distractions...(funny how that happened).

needs a new thermostat...won't get hotter than about 60 degrees...won't get very warm in the cabin.

Got one window that won't go down, but the motor works because I can see the lights dim when I hit the button.

Next thing is complete oil change, filter, and de-gunk the fuel sending unit so it'll tell the right fuel level. Then a front end align at Speedy Align....

Of course, none of that can begin until she gets home with it from the ranch.....

Anyways, it's been a great week...boy is that 300D quick!! Tranny is tight! I wish my SD was as quick, smoke free and tight shifting.... Oh well.
Good to hear. I'm interested in your CD changer setup, how is it arranged, trunk mount or is it mounted under the passenger's seat or somewhere else? When I get the money and time, I'd like to install a CD changer in the 300D.
__________________
Board Member of MBCA|Houston

81 MB 300SD, 82 MB 300D Turbo (sold), 04 Lincoln Town Car Ultimate

Sooner or later every car falls apart, ours does it later!
-German Narrator in a MB Promotion Film about the then brand new W123.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-20-2006, 10:22 PM
JimmyL's Avatar
Rogue T Intolerant!!!
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sunnyvale, Texas (DFW)
Posts: 9,673
Good job Fuzz. That Austin mafia can chalk up another one......
__________________
Jimmy L.
'05 Acura TL 6MT
2001 ML430 My Spare

Gone:
'95 E300 188K "Batmobile" Texas Unfriendly Black
'85 300TD 235K "The Wagon" Texas Friendly White
'80 240D 154K "China" Scar engine installed
'81 300TD 240K "Smash"
'80 240D 230K "The Squash"
'81 240D 293K"Scar" Rear ended harder than Elton John
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-22-2006, 04:01 PM
Fuzzball's Avatar
Registered Agitator
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by H-townbenzoboy
Good to hear. I'm interested in your CD changer setup, how is it arranged, trunk mount or is it mounted under the passenger's seat or somewhere else? When I get the money and time, I'd like to install a CD changer in the 300D.
As soon as I get it done, I'll get some pix. I haven't yet figured out how I'm going to do it.
__________________
1998 W202 C230 - The money pit of late.
1984 W126 300SD (356,800 miles) Gone to the wrenchapart
1984 W123 300D Gone to the wrenchapart
1972 W108 280SE 3.5 (sold but not forgotten)
1986 Buick Grand National 3.8l Turbo (86k miles)
1966 Glassic Model 'A' Replica http://www.glassicannex.org

http://banners.wunderground.com/weat...Round_Rock.gif
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-22-2006, 04:03 PM
Fuzzball's Avatar
Registered Agitator
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Central Texas
Posts: 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyL
Good job Fuzz. That Austin mafia can chalk up another one......

Hey, and to make it all better, the drive to Energy Texas and back has freed up the thermostat....it now gets to about 80-85 degrees and does the heat just fine.

Found two blown fuses...one for windows (happened while she was on her trip) and one for the radio...

Now a visit to Speedy Align and . . . . yee haw...

Then I gotta go visit Randy....I still owe him some cash....
__________________
1998 W202 C230 - The money pit of late.
1984 W126 300SD (356,800 miles) Gone to the wrenchapart
1984 W123 300D Gone to the wrenchapart
1972 W108 280SE 3.5 (sold but not forgotten)
1986 Buick Grand National 3.8l Turbo (86k miles)
1966 Glassic Model 'A' Replica http://www.glassicannex.org

http://banners.wunderground.com/weat...Round_Rock.gif
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-22-2006, 11:04 PM
Anders
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 409
Way to go Fuzz.

Love to see some photos.
__________________
Anders

1995 E300
2015 VW TDI Sportwagen 15K
1977 240D (197K)
2002 Subaru Legacy L Wagon (115k) (Wife's)
Gone but not forgotten:
2005 Buick LeSabre
1998 C230
1984 300D
1983 240D
1981 300SD
1974 240D
1974 Fiat 124 Spider
1968 Triumph TR250
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-23-2006, 12:05 AM
pawoSD's Avatar
Dieselsüchtiger
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 15,317
My dad just insured the '83 today and we took it out on a drive!!! First time it'd been beyond our driveway since Early November! It drives great! New sway bar and bushings etc made the ride very nice indeed. Did 90 on the freeway for a while no problem. Success!! His comment was "it actually feels solid, unlike the van, which is made of rubber" Only about a week till its brought in for jack-point surgery. We'll be at the next MB meetup in troy on the 4th. I am looking forward to some good Logans food!

__________________
-diesel is not just a fuel, its a way of life-
'15 GLK250 Bluetec 90k - mine - (OC-91,200)
'17 Metris(VITO!) - 18k - wifes (OC-25k)
'01 E320 Wagon - 161k - mine (OC-165,000)
'01 E320 - 180k - dad's (OC-182,500)
'07 E350 Wagon - 134k - dad's (OC-139,500)
'01 SL500 - 56k - dad's (OC-59,000)
'16 E400 4matic Sedan - 81k - Brothers (OC-88,000)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page