PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum

PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum (http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/)
-   Diesel Discussion (http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/diesel-discussion/)
-   -   Rebuilt Injectors!!! (http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/diesel-discussion/154174-rebuilt-injectors.html)

Panzermann 05-24-2006 10:23 PM

Rebuilt Injectors!!!
 
I removed the injectors from the Womble (1983 300TD) and had them checked. Four failed. I had them locally rebuilt and then reinstalled them. What is surprising to me if the improvement in mileage. Pre-rebuild, my in-town mileage was 19, 23 on the highway. I haven't been on the highway since the rebuild, but my in-town mileage is up to 25! I've noticed lots of threads dealing with ways to tune the car, but this simple undertaking led to a 20% improvement in fuel efficiency!

slarson80 05-24-2006 10:42 PM

Has anyone
 
used the rebuilt Bosch injectors available on line? They're about $275.00 after you return the cores. If so, how did they work out? I'd like to do the Bosio thing (DG) but as I have limited garage resources, it would be much easier for me just to swap them out. I haven't really looked into local shops yet...

Thanx

greasybenz 05-24-2006 10:52 PM

i bought my rebuilt bosch injectors from *************** for $115 after core charge paid back.

Did a big imporvement on the SD if my idiotic friend got pulled over for doing 100mph in it:;)

slarson80 05-24-2006 11:03 PM

Hey Greasy
 
Your PM is full... Just wanted to ask if the purge helped with any smoke issues.

Thanx

ottothegreat 05-25-2006 12:58 AM

I had my injectors tested yesterday. 1987 300D 160K original injectors all tested 135 bar on pop test and good spray pattern,I was happy except what was making it smoke??? Well it looks like the last mechanic(pre purchase, I've owned it for 3 months)flipped 2 washers upside down!!!The previous owners told me when I bought it that their mechanic suggested new injectors.Hmmmm sounds fishy.Thatt mechanic saved me some money on the purchase price!!But to make a long story short I didnt notice the washers were flipped untill after i spent $40 on the test,tope this helps someone.
J.C.

RAYMOND485 05-25-2006 01:24 AM

Injectors
 
1984 300d Turbo 138k
Order Just The Bosio Nozzles $29.50 Inc Shipping.
Plus The Heat Shield Washers $2.00 Plus The Injector Return Lines.
For the injectors use a 27 mm Deep Socket, it is also used for turning the crank shaft harmonic bolt.
Do the injectors one at a time, Torque to 70-80 N-m (which is 51-60 lb.-ft).
For best results, buy and install a 5 Micron Water Fuel Filter.

hawthorne90250 05-25-2006 07:38 PM

Injectors
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by slarson80
used the rebuilt Bosch injectors available on line? They're about $275.00 after you return the cores. If so, how did they work out? I'd like to do the Bosio thing (DG) but as I have limited garage resources, it would be much easier for me just to swap them out. I haven't really looked into local shops yet...

Thanx

You really do not need to many resources for the Bosio installation, it can be done with just a few tools, The injectors once you have them removed(which in-it-self is easy) are pretty simple to disassembly and reassemble, Disel Giant web site has good info on this.:D

hawthorne90250 05-25-2006 07:42 PM

Injectors
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ottothegreat
I had my injectors tested yesterday. 1987 300D 160K original injectors all tested 135 bar on pop test and good spray pattern,I was happy except what was making it smoke??? Well it looks like the last mechanic(pre purchase, I've owned it for 3 months)flipped 2 washers upside down!!!The previous owners told me when I bought it that their mechanic suggested new injectors.Hmmmm sounds fishy.Thatt mechanic saved me some money on the purchase price!!But to make a long story short I didnt notice the washers were flipped untill after i spent $40 on the test,tope this helps someone.
J.C.

Which washers are you talking about?.:confused:

Veloce300DT 05-25-2006 08:07 PM

My injectors are driving me nuts! Ive gotta do this sooon! I miss the mpg and performance my car has gradually lost over the past 10k miles.

ottothegreat 05-25-2006 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawthorne90250
Which washers are you talking about?.:confused:

The washer under the injectors.It's a specialty washer that sits on the prechamber I think , you know down in the hole thingy under the nozzle thingamajig,you know when you take your 27mm or 1"1/16 socket and pull injectors -right under there.Yup 2 upside down.Mine is the 603 ,i'm not sure about the 617.:greedy:

phantoms 05-26-2006 07:32 PM

They look like this?

http://img.eautopartscatalog.com/live/D101021025GOE.JPG

The way the left one looks is how it would look going in the hole, with the raised center towards the injector side.

redassag00 05-26-2006 10:58 PM

if I replace the nozzles with the Bosios, do I still need to pop test and have them balanced?

hawthorne90250 05-27-2006 11:02 AM

Injectors
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by redassag00
if I replace the nozzles with the Bosios, do I still need to pop test and have them balanced?

Sure, why not if you have a local place to do it. I just installed the new nozzles and put the injectors back in the car, It improved the running of the car so i just let it go.

Diesel Giant 05-27-2006 07:30 PM

It does not hurt to have them pop tested but I never have and the Bosio's work flawless.

Next up is new Bosio's in a smoking 603 engine. I will take some before and after video to show the improvement.

The 603 smokes like a train when cold started. Runs great though, but I dont like all the smoke.

TwitchKitty 05-28-2006 12:34 PM

Pop test pressures are not as important as this forum would have you believe but it is important to have them close to specs. Unclogged injectors that are not leaky will give good spray patterns and deliver the fuel at the right time, that is key to diesel performance. The most cost effective way to achieve this is with quality new injector nozzles. Even with new injector nozzles you can't be sure of top performance without testing the injectors for leakage and spray pattern. Pop pressure testing is a small part of the process. Read the factory shop manual. Search this forum.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website