PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum

PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum (
-   Diesel Discussion (
-   -   Flywheel/Torque Conv. Access cover (

BHutch 05-06-2009 11:08 AM

Flywheel/Torque Conv. Access cover
Hello all,

When crawling up under the old 300SD last night I noticed that there is no cover for the access hole in the bell housing that allows access to the torque converter bolts. I have read posts referring to a plastic cover in this spot. No idea how long it's been gone as this car is somewhat new to me. How concerned should I be and when getting a new one (from dealer I assume) does this thing have a name that I can use to help the parts guy zero in on it?

Simpler=Better 05-06-2009 11:21 AM

You can get one from a junkyard or from (parts link up top)
Phil will be cheaper than a dealership, and will be much easier to work with than a tech trained for the 2000-2009 models.

whunter 12-26-2009 03:26 PM

for customer.

The OM617. 951 and OM617.952 Flywheel/Torque Converter access cover is MB# 617 014 04 33

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website