Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Tech Information and Support > Diesel Discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-06-2009, 08:00 AM
helpplease
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Why I drive a Benz diesel...

I was pumping diesel this morning and suddenly I hear "what year is that" to which I say 1985 blah blah blah...the nice gentlemen responds with "that is a great looking car, hard to belive its that old" blah blah blah from me and he leaves me with "those are still great cars" just a nice way to start the day

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-06-2009, 09:18 AM
pelon's Avatar
Up through the hawespipe.
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Valencia, NM
Posts: 218
good morning..

that is a good way to start the day. wish i could drive mine up there in Oct but we'll be mostly walking downtown.
can't wait to get back to the ??? grill.
roberto
__________________
1985 300SD
1998 Jetta TDI
Previous: lots of diesel VW's, MB's, KW's, Pete, Freightliner


Walking isn't a lost art: one must, by some means, get to the garage.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-06-2009, 09:24 AM
Oldwolf's Avatar
124.128/602.962/722.418
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,017
I agree, that is a nice way to start the day.
__________________
1993 W124 300D 2.5L Turbo, OM602.962
2000 Chevrolet Cavalier, 2.4L DOHC
2002 Ford Explorer, 4.0L SOHC
2005 Toyota Prius, 1.5L

http://www.fuelly.com/sig-us/40601.png
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-06-2009, 09:39 AM
toomany MBZ's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: central Va
Posts: 7,820
Cool, I get that every now and again.
__________________
83 SD

84 CD
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-06-2009, 09:40 AM
777funk's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 955
That is a nice way to start the day. They are something that feels good to drive and maintain for sure.

I had a gas station employee come to stop me mid pumping a week ago and let me know I was pumping Diesel. I had to affirm that it was a Diesel car. Most people don't realize that there are still Diesel cars I suppose.
__________________
-Suburban '93 220k
-Diesel Jetta '03 350k

Sold
--E320 '95 200k
-E320 Wagon 1994 155k
-300d Turbo '87 187k miles
-E320 1994 200k
-300d Turbo '84 245k (sold to Dan62)
-300d Turbo '84 180k
-300sd '80 300k
-7.3 Powerstroke Diesel 15P Van 500k+ miles
-190d '89 Non Turbo 2.5 5cyl 240k (my first MB)
Tom's Imports of Columbia Missouri Ruined the IP in changing leaky delivery valve O-Rings - Refused to stand behind his work. Mid-MO MB drivers-AVOID Tom's!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-06-2009, 09:41 AM
KarTek's Avatar
<- Ryuko of Kill La Kill
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bahama/Eno Twp, NC
Posts: 3,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777funk View Post
I had a gas station employee come to stop me mid pumping a week ago and let me know I was pumping Diesel. I had to affirm that it was a Diesel car. Most people don't realize that there are still Diesel cars I suppose.
I get the same thing from time to time. Mostly concerned citizens.
__________________
-Evan


Benz Fleet:
1968 UNIMOG 404.114
1998 E300
2008 E63


Non-Benz Fleet:
1992 Aerostar
1993 MR2
2000 F250
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-06-2009, 09:55 AM
Abadjay's Avatar
Hello!
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: North Hills
Posts: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by 777funk View Post
That is a nice way to start the day. They are something that feels good to drive and maintain for sure.

I had a gas station employee come to stop me mid pumping a week ago and let me know I was pumping Diesel. I had to affirm that it was a Diesel car. Most people don't realize that there are still Diesel cars I suppose.
I once pumped diesel while the car was still running and the guy next to me in his mustang told me I'd blow the whole station up.
__________________
It's not the years, it's the mileage.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-06-2009, 10:03 AM
tbomachines's Avatar
ಠ_ಠ
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 6,660
See, comments like these require your car to be nice. Mine is dented and rusty, with a nice nailing injector to top it off. When I open the door or window usually people can hear metal blasting....I do get some "good" looks though. Plus its nice to be able to fill up for less money...at the height of the gas prices last year it cost me $70 to fill the stealth (premium).
__________________
TC
Current stable:
- 2004 Mazda RALLYWANKEL
- 2007 Saturn sky redline
- 2004 Explorer...under surgery.

Past: 135i, GTI, 300E, 300SD, 300SD, Stealth
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-06-2009, 10:17 AM
JEBalles's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Carlisle, MA
Posts: 1,225
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbomachines View Post
See, comments like these require your car to be nice. Mine is dented and rusty, with a nice nailing injector to top it off. When I open the door or window usually people can hear metal blasting....I do get some "good" looks though. Plus its nice to be able to fill up for less money...at the height of the gas prices last year it cost me $70 to fill the stealth (premium).
Even if it's rusty and rotted, that engine can still last forever. People who comment on these usually know that. I still get them every now and again.
__________________
1983 240D 3.0T 4-speed manual, now sold

1989 Subaru GL Wagon 5-speed Touring Edition
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-06-2009, 11:14 AM
ashedd's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,790
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abadjay View Post
I once pumped diesel while the car was still running and the guy next to me in his mustang told me I'd blow the whole station up.
I always pump diesel with the car running... I dunno why. In the winter I never shut the thing off unless I am home for the night. I don't like being cold
__________________
08 R320 CDI current

Past
95 E420
87 300D Turbo 5spd
90 300TE
83 300SD
85 300TD
92 400E
85 190D

Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-06-2009, 01:00 PM
TheDon's Avatar
Ghost of Diesels Past
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 13,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abadjay View Post
I once pumped diesel while the car was still running and the guy next to me in his mustang told me I'd blow the whole station up.
I fill up sometimes with the car running.. its fun
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-06-2009, 01:30 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 670
Filling up at the truck pumps at a truck stop is fun. I don't think the truckers were amused though...
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-06-2009, 01:37 PM
nickofoxford's Avatar
2 doors, 5 cylinders
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: S.E. PA
Posts: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by derburger View Post
Filling up at the truck pumps at a truck stop is fun. I don't think the truckers were amused though...
Haha been there too, except I wanted to top off my tank.... I think I amused the truckers as the huge truck-sized-pump-dingaling sprayed down the whole side of my car.

Never again.

Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page