Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help




Go Back   PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Tech Information and Support > Diesel Discussion

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #46  
Old 03-11-2012, 06:29 PM
Desert Panther's Avatar
Dieselicious
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Avra Valley, Arizona
Posts: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Carlton View Post
Ahh, no worries John. It's just part and parcel of what is currently permitted on DD, despite clear TOU to the contrary:

In the last two months, I found all these gems:


Threads that belong in OD:


http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/diesel-discussion/314072-portland-area-project-help-needed-pd.html

The crew...

Snow White :)

Is NADA a Racket?

Mercedes diesel rap video...



Threads that belong in Wheels and Tires:



http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/diesel-discussion/314167-tires-215-r70-15-fit-300sdl.html


http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/diesel-discussion/307017-de-rimming-tire.html


http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/diesel-discussion/313438-15-steel-rims.html

http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/diesel-discussion/312491-aluminum-rims-rare.html



Threads that belong in car audio:


http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/diesel-discussion/313839-son-hounding-me-install-sub-any-advice-precautions.html

http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/diesel-discussion/313619-speaker-questions.html



Threads that belong in parts for sale or vehicles for sale:


http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/diesel-discussion/309526-anyone-parting-om603.html


http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/diesel-discussion/314101-does-anyone-have-w123-parts.html

My car is back on the market.



Threads that have a title that is not remotely connected to the problem:


Lots of questions.

I went and stuck my foot in it...

Would you be mad...

Oh What A Difference!

Mysterious symptoms

Gloom, despair and agony on me...

Howdy

After much drama

Is this what I think it is?

embarrassed to ask this question

As good as or better than ......



Don't let anybody push you around and try to make you moderate based upon the terms of use. People like it this way............when they can post anything they want on any forum that they want, with no repercussions.

As for the qualified mechanics on the site who are exasperated with the new format, just pretend that they are insignificant and they'll eventually go away.

x5 sad, but true

There are likely tens of thousands of religion based forums out there on the interwebs, why bring that divisive subject here on a dedicated M-B forum? That is certainly not why I joined. And I dont appreciate holier-than-thou commentary from anybody of any religion. Just my 2 cents.
__________________
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Cummins Turbo Diesel 4x4
2002 CLK 430 Cabrio - moneypit project car
1994 GMC S-15 pickup 4.3 5MT
1985 300 SD
1978 300 CD
1962 220-S Fintail - awaiting restoration

Last edited by Desert Panther; 03-11-2012 at 06:59 PM.
  #47  
Old 03-11-2012, 07:39 PM
1984 300SD
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 588
Sorry I can't join because God made me an atheist and who am I to question His wisdom.
__________________
1984 300SD turbo 126
"My true love"

God made me an atheist and who am I to question His wisdom
  #48  
Old 03-11-2012, 08:45 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirdem View Post
This new group is for Christian Mercedes-Benz Owners. Please feel free to stop in and check things out! Search for Christian Mercedes-Benz Owners. Thanks!


P.S. This applies to diesel's and gassers.
So, as a recoverng Catholic, I guess I am not welcome there. Nor is my Jewish friend, who happens to be an excellent diesel man. I bought my W115 CD manual from a Turkish Muslim. It was a great deal, and a nice fella, but he wouldnt be welcome there either.

Is that the world you live in?

How very sad.

This is a car forum, not a religious or political forum. If you wish to practice religious bigotry, that is your business.

Please practice it elsewhere.

My apologies to the rest of our readers for this little rant, but it needed to be said.

Amen.
__________________
[SIGPIC]
Tom
SE Connecticut
1975 W115 300D

visit my blog:
http://mercedesdieselrebuildingdiederich.blogspot.com/
  #49  
Old 03-11-2012, 08:52 PM
Dubyagee's Avatar
All fields are required
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: SE
Posts: 4,382
Full grown men scared of a little group.
  #50  
Old 03-11-2012, 08:59 PM
E150GT's Avatar
I'm a chicken
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS
Posts: 1,148
Nobody has to comment or join. You can just pass over the thread and group just like you would any other...
__________________
1984 300SD Orient Red/ Palomino
1989 560SEC
2016 Mazda 6 6 speed manual
1995 Ford F-150 reg cab 4.9 5speed manual
  #51  
Old 03-11-2012, 09:20 PM
DeliveryValve's Avatar
Chairman of my Benz
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Central California
Posts: 4,105
Quote:
Originally Posted by E150GT View Post
Nobody has to comment or join. You can just pass over the thread and group just like you would any other...
It just doesn't belong here in DD. Here, like many do, peruse through many of these threads on DD and are subjected to these topics. This is a polarizing thread that is suited for OD. This has nothing at all diesel or technical related.



.
__________________
1983 123.133 California
- GreaseCar Veg System


  #52  
Old 03-11-2012, 09:21 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,618
Quote:
Originally Posted by E150GT View Post
Nobody has to comment or join. You can just pass over the thread and group just like you would any other...
Just one problem with that theory. If Diesel Discussion is permitted to become a free-for-all of unrelated content, it will soon be very cumbersome to sift through the chaff to find the wheat. Everything might have its place, but there isn't a place for everything everywhere.
__________________
When cryptography is outlawed, bayl bhgynjf jvyy unir cevinpl.
  #53  
Old 03-11-2012, 09:49 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubyagee View Post
Full grown men scared of a little group.
Fear has nothing to do with it.

Shall we next hear from someone who wishes to have only white male Mercedes owners in their group? Or perhaps wishes to exclude those of Middle Eastern ancestry?

There are many websites which cater to that sort of prejudice. I hope this site doesn't become one of them.

This is exactly the kind of conversation that that sort of exclusion engenders. I haven't seen it here until now.

I welcome input from all, regardless of their political or religious orientation. I have no interest in whom they worship, or whom they sleep with, for that matter. I am only interested in what they offer to our mutual interest of Mercedes ownership.

This site should be inclusionary of ALL Mercedes enthusiasts, not exclusionary.
__________________
[SIGPIC]
Tom
SE Connecticut
1975 W115 300D

visit my blog:
http://mercedesdieselrebuildingdiederich.blogspot.com/
  #54  
Old 03-11-2012, 09:57 PM
layback40's Avatar
Not Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Victoria Australia - down under!!
Posts: 4,023
Amazing !!! BC & I agreeing on something!!!!!

Was that was your intent all the time John !!!
__________________
Grumpy Old Diesel Owners Club group

I no longer question authority, I annoy authority. More effect, less effort....

1967 230-6 auto parts car. rust bucket.
1980 300D now parts car 800k miles
1984 300D 500k miles
1987 250td 160k miles English import
2001 jeep turbo diesel 130k miles
1998 jeep tdi ~ followed me home. Needs a turbo.
1968 Ford F750 truck. 6-354 diesel conversion.
Other toys ~J.D.,Cat & GM ~ mainly earth moving
  #55  
Old 03-11-2012, 10:10 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,618
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomscat1 View Post
This is exactly the kind of conversation that that sort of exclusion engenders.
Speaking of exclusionary, anyone interested in joining a group of Amish Mercedes owners?
__________________
When cryptography is outlawed, bayl bhgynjf jvyy unir cevinpl.
  #56  
Old 03-11-2012, 10:20 PM
layback40's Avatar
Not Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Victoria Australia - down under!!
Posts: 4,023
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangofox007 View Post
Speaking of exclusionary, anyone interested in joining a group of Amish Mercedes owners?
Some where I saw a picture of a 123 being towed by a horse !!
__________________
Grumpy Old Diesel Owners Club group

I no longer question authority, I annoy authority. More effect, less effort....

1967 230-6 auto parts car. rust bucket.
1980 300D now parts car 800k miles
1984 300D 500k miles
1987 250td 160k miles English import
2001 jeep turbo diesel 130k miles
1998 jeep tdi ~ followed me home. Needs a turbo.
1968 Ford F750 truck. 6-354 diesel conversion.
Other toys ~J.D.,Cat & GM ~ mainly earth moving
  #57  
Old 03-11-2012, 10:54 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 8,618
Quote:
Originally Posted by layback40 View Post
Some where I saw a picture of a 123 being towed by a horse !!
You will need to disclose your religious affiliation before I can comment on that. Got to be careful who you talk to these days.
__________________
When cryptography is outlawed, bayl bhgynjf jvyy unir cevinpl.
  #58  
Old 03-12-2012, 12:55 AM
vstech's Avatar
DD MOD, HVAC,MCP,Mac,GMAC
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Mount Holly, NC
Posts: 26,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Carlton View Post
Ahh, no worries John. It's just part and parcel of what is currently permitted on DD, despite clear TOU to the contrary:

In the last two months, I found all these gems:


Threads that belong in OD:


http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/diesel-discussion/314072-portland-area-project-help-needed-pd.html

The crew...

Snow White :)

Is NADA a Racket?

Mercedes diesel rap video...



Threads that belong in Wheels and Tires:



http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/diesel-discussion/314167-tires-215-r70-15-fit-300sdl.html


http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/diesel-discussion/307017-de-rimming-tire.html


http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/diesel-discussion/313438-15-steel-rims.html

http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/diesel-discussion/312491-aluminum-rims-rare.html



Threads that belong in car audio:


http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/diesel-discussion/313839-son-hounding-me-install-sub-any-advice-precautions.html

http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/diesel-discussion/313619-speaker-questions.html



Threads that belong in parts for sale or vehicles for sale:


http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/diesel-discussion/309526-anyone-parting-om603.html


http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/diesel-discussion/314101-does-anyone-have-w123-parts.html

My car is back on the market.



Threads that have a title that is not remotely connected to the problem:


Lots of questions.

I went and stuck my foot in it...

Would you be mad...

Oh What A Difference!

Mysterious symptoms

Gloom, despair and agony on me...

Howdy

After much drama

Is this what I think it is?

embarrassed to ask this question

As good as or better than ......



Don't let anybody push you around and try to make you moderate based upon the terms of use. People like it this way............when they can post anything they want on any forum that they want, with no repercussions.

As for the qualified mechanics on the site who are exasperated with the new format, just pretend that they are insignificant and they'll eventually go away.
amazing. this thread accomplished something none other have...
BC, and LB40 agreeing!
anywhoo. I'll not push this over to OD, it would just glom a mass of trolls, and hurt feelings, forcing themselves into the conversation.

thanks for the list of out of place topics on here.
I'm not on the web 24/7! I'd like threads reported if they are not on topic! thanks!
I'll go through this list and put them where they go.
__________________
John HAUL AWAY, OR CRUSHED CARS!!! HELP ME keep the cars out of the crusher! A/C Thread
"as I ride with my a/c on... I have fond memories of sweaty oily saturdays and spewing R12 into the air. THANKS for all you do!

My drivers:
1987 190D 2.5Turbo
1987 190D 2.5Turbo
1987 190D 2.5-5SPEED!!!

1987 300TD
1987 300TD
1994GMC 2500 6.5Turbo truck... I had to put the ladder somewhere!
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page