Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Tech Information and Support > Diesel Discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-02-2013, 09:59 PM
Graham's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 3,979
123 passenger wiper bearing parts

In checking under the air intakes, I had to take off the wipers. I noticed that the passenger side was corroded and it looks like the bracket that the wiper shaft runs through may be broken. See picture below.

I can't get into EPC tonight and Russian site is not clear.

Can anyone confirm:
- that the threaded end that the 19mm nut screws onto is broken
- advise whether or not the bracket (that threaded part is integral part of) is available as a separate part.

Attached Thumbnails
123 passenger wiper bearing parts-img_1896.jpg  
__________________
Graham
85 300D,72 350SL, 98 E320, Outback 2.5
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-03-2013, 12:01 AM
NC-Diesel's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Posts: 402
Yeah it appears to be broken. I have a linkage off a 82 that's in good condition I'd be willing to sell you if you need them.
__________________
1978 Mercedes 240D
1981 Mercedes 240D
1982 Mercedes 240D
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-03-2013, 12:08 AM
whunter's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Metro Detroit, Michigan
Posts: 17,363
Answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
In checking under the air intakes, I had to take off the wipers. I noticed that the passenger side was corroded and it looks like the bracket that the wiper shaft runs through may be broken. See picture below.

I can't get into EPC tonight and Russian site is not clear.

Can anyone confirm:
- that the threaded end that the 19mm nut screws onto is broken
- advise whether or not the bracket (that threaded part is integral part of) is available as a separate part.
EPC has been down most of the day.

I suggest you buy a good use unit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Windshield-Wiper-Control-Arm-Mercedes-Benz-W123-75-85-240D-300D-Sedan-300-280E-/161026230407?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item257de94887&vxp=mtr

.
__________________
ASE Master Mechanic
asemastermechanic@juno.com

Prototype R&D/testing:
Thermal & Aerodynamic System Engineering (TASE) Senior vehicle instrumentation technician.
Noise Vibration and Harshness (NVH).
Dynamometer.
Heat exchanger durability.
HV-A/C Climate Control.
Vehicle build.
Fleet Durability
Technical Quality Auditor.
Automotive Technical Writer

1980 240D
1983 300D
1984 190D

Last edited by whunter; 07-29-2013 at 08:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-03-2013, 10:19 AM
Graham's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 3,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by whunter View Post

I suggest you buy a good use unit.

.
Thanks for info on EPC. I will see if I can get a good used unit (actually only need the bracket/bearing, not complete linkage). Failing that, maybe I can repair old unit.

Here is pic of a good one and my bad one. Looks like end of threaded section sheared off. BTW, several complete used linkages on eBay.com for $15-$25, but shipping is in $30-$40 range

__________________
Graham
85 300D,72 350SL, 98 E320, Outback 2.5

Last edited by Graham; 07-03-2013 at 11:28 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-03-2013, 11:51 AM
Graham's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 3,979
I Googled for part at came up with following Page from South Atlanta. It would appear the linkage 26 is only $37.50. If that includes the bearing/bracket, that would be a steal. Am I missing something? ADDED: Checked with local dealer and part 26 is C$42.50 (not in stock but available from Germany). Will get new nut/seal/washers etc at same time. Will probably just use the bearing/bracket, but if I want to separate the linkage joint, does that just pry apart?



Picture of part from eBay in Germany:
__________________
Graham
85 300D,72 350SL, 98 E320, Outback 2.5

Last edited by Graham; 07-03-2013 at 02:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-29-2013, 03:39 PM
Graham's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 3,979
I have parts and have just installed passenger side arm. No problem there. There was one part back ordered. It is part 32 that EPC calls a nut, but MBCanada calls a CAP. Part number 123-824-00-72.

I can't really see what this is. I thought it was the knurled piece that the wiper mates with, but that seems to be an integral part of the wiper shaft.

The part number still seems to be valid. Anyone know what that part is that I am missing, and if I need it?

ADDED: OK Instead of talking to myself, I will add what I learned. part 32 is not a NUT, it is a CAP or maybe CUP! It is most likely the plastic cup that fits over the wiper shaft. My dealer just called to say, despite it being in EPC, it is no longer available. No problem for me because I still have both cups. I repairedcrack in one by coating it with POR. My wiper are back together and working just fine

BTW - There was no problem buying and installing the linkage 26 and the rest of the washers and nuts. Low cost too.
__________________
Graham
85 300D,72 350SL, 98 E320, Outback 2.5

Last edited by Graham; 07-29-2013 at 07:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-29-2013, 08:19 PM
whunter's Avatar
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Metro Detroit, Michigan
Posts: 17,363
Answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
I have parts and have just installed passenger side arm. No problem there. There was one part back ordered. It is part 32 that EPC calls a nut, but MBCanada calls a CAP. Part number 123-824-00-72.

I can't really see what this is. I thought it was the knurled piece that the wiper mates with, but that seems to be an integral part of the wiper shaft.

The part number still seems to be valid. Anyone know what that part is that I am missing, and if I need it?

ADDED: OK Instead of talking to myself, I will add what I learned. part 32 is not a NUT, it is a CAP or maybe CUP! It is most likely the plastic cup that fits over the wiper shaft. My dealer just called to say, despite it being in EPC, it is no longer available. No problem for me because I still have both cups. I repairedcrack in one by coating it with POR. My wiper are back together and working just fine

BTW - There was no problem buying and installing the linkage 26 and the rest of the washers and nuts. Low cost too.
Rubber cap/cover, body under the wiper arm
MB# 1238240072
This part is NLA.
I have been looking for alternatives, as I need 10+ for personal cars.

.
__________________
ASE Master Mechanic
asemastermechanic@juno.com

Prototype R&D/testing:
Thermal & Aerodynamic System Engineering (TASE) Senior vehicle instrumentation technician.
Noise Vibration and Harshness (NVH).
Dynamometer.
Heat exchanger durability.
HV-A/C Climate Control.
Vehicle build.
Fleet Durability
Technical Quality Auditor.
Automotive Technical Writer

1980 240D
1983 300D
1984 190D
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-29-2013, 10:34 PM
Graham's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 3,979
Quote:
Originally Posted by whunter View Post
Rubber cap/cover, body under the wiper arm
MB# 1238240072
This part is NLA.
I have been looking for alternatives, as I need 10+ for personal cars.

.
As mentioned above, dealer confirmed NLA today. I was confused because South Atlanta site called it a nut, so I ordered it! Luckily my cups were still OK.

It would probably not be that hard to make those cups. Just make a male or female mold then lay up using epoxy resin with glass or carbon fibre filler. Someone who knows how to spin aluminum or brass could probably make metal replacements. Otherwise, maybe there is something close in the Dollar General Egg Cups?

__________________
Graham
85 300D,72 350SL, 98 E320, Outback 2.5
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page