Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help




Go Back   PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Tech Information and Support > Diesel Discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 11-07-2013, 09:17 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 427
I live in Upstate NY so there are very few cdi's for sale. I really appreciate the information about the brakes and the engines. Just as a devils advocate should the 05/06 brakes fail would I be able to pick up a used SBC brake parts.
Im looking to spending around 15K on an 05/06, seen them for sale from $700o with 265K on it to $21K with 25K on it. I thought that this car would be much solider and safer than a 2012 NIssan Altima or Toyota Camry. Any opinions on this?
__________________
1994 S350D
1995 E300D
1997 E300D
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-07-2013, 09:56 PM
Graham's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 3,406
I was looking at an 07 ML350 CDI today. About 70k miles on it. C$24k.

Have a 2014 GLK250 0n order, but they have an AdBlue error problem that MB don't seem to be able to solve! And then there are those runflats with no spare!

The $25k difference would go a long way toward maintaining the E350.
__________________
Graham
85 300D,72 350SL, 98 E320, Outback 2.5
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-07-2013, 10:48 PM
Skid Row Joe's Avatar
PRESIDENT DONALD J. TRUMP
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: DONALD J. TRUMP'S AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL!
Posts: 6,803
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmbeam View Post
I live in Upstate NY so there are very few cdi's for sale. I really appreciate the information about the brakes and the engines. Just as a devils advocate should the 05/06 brakes fail would I be able to pick up a used SBC brake parts.
Im looking to spending around 15K on an 05/06, seen them for sale from $700o with 265K on it to $21K with 25K on it. I thought that this car would be much solider and safer than a 2012 NIssan Altima or Toyota Camry. Any opinions on this?
You might see if you can learn about which parts on the SBC system break, and how much they cost at the MB dealers' pricing. Next, I'd spend some time researching the availability of salvage SBC systems around the country. In short, get real familiar with the SBC replacement option costs, be they new or used parts. Since you've already decided how much out-of-pocket you want to go on a used 05/06, scour the Internet on finding one that fits your price. Pretty easy to do. That's exactly how I found mine a few months ago. A 2012 4-cylinder Camry would be an excellent choice that would likely beat the CDI over time, dollar per dollar out of pocket in total costs per mile.
__________________
Breitbart - One Voice Silenced, Millions Awakened

06 E320 CDI - PEWTER/CHARCOAL
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-08-2013, 12:42 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Bay Area via Phoenix, Chicago and Minnesota.
Posts: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
I was looking at an 07 ML350 CDI today. About 70k miles on it. C$24k.

Have a 2014 GLK250 0n order, but they have an AdBlue error problem that MB don't seem to be able to solve! And then there are those runflats with no spare!

The $25k difference would go a long way toward maintaining the E350.
Just a dumb question, but are you sure it was badged ML350 vs ML320?

That's a fare price these days, I paid the same for mine about a year ago, it's been a great ride, but a real pain far as the few repairs. The EGR valve and the MAF went out recently to the tune of $800US just in parts.

Tough call, I like the smaller ride and nimbleness of the GLK, and the updated interior.

[ML320] The OM642 is no fun AT ALL to work on, it's like a ball of rubber bands all wrapped together that you need to dig through to get to anything. Not fun.
__________________
Mark
========
THE WHITE FLEET
2012 S350 Bluetec==81k WHITE
2007 ML320 CDI==145K WHITE
2005 E320 CDI--138K--WHITE
1995 E300-Diesel-329K--THE CAR IS BLUE. (For Sale!)

Under new management:
1986 300SL--97.5K (European) AND WHITE.
1991 190E 2.3-73K California Perfect.--WHITE
1995 E320-Wagon-159K--WHITE (recently scrapped)
1987 300D Turbo-213K--WHITE
1987 190D 2.5 Turbo-288K--WHITE
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-08-2013, 09:48 AM
Graham's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 3,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg612 View Post
Just a dumb question, but are you sure it was badged ML350 vs ML320?
Sorry, i was going from memory
2007 Mercedes-Benz M-Class 320 CDI DIESEL!!! For Sale | KINGSTON ON

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg612 View Post
That's a fare price these days, I paid the same for mine about a year ago, it's been a great ride, but a real pain far as the few repairs. The EGR valve and the MAF went out recently to the tune of $800US just in parts.
After sober second thoughts, I remembered why I decided on the new GLK250. Mainly the 7 years of warranty coverage. All modern cars but especially MBs have some very expensive parts.

The ML320 seems attractive otherwise. More space, maybe room for a spare? But less than stellar reliability, based on some sources.
__________________
Graham
85 300D,72 350SL, 98 E320, Outback 2.5
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page