Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Tech Information and Support > Diesel Discussion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 11-07-2013, 04:26 PM
jake12tech's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriel View Post
I did just have an idea!

What if I took out the passenger seat? Why would it be needed?

That then give me 42" x14" deep cargo space. My Service Dog just loves making a bed in what ever is in the back. I put in an old 3 inch bed topper for the old dog I had and she still does it!

Only issue would be the dog coming up front though instead of pushing on me she could just walk right up. Since Vater isn't coming with me to spend Christmas in Oroville, now that I think of it, maybe I will have time before and then can do a practice run.
I was thinking of getting a wagon soon after selling a car or two for my dogs. #3 will be on the way! A second Nova Scotia Duck Toller I think.

__________________
1999 E300 220k
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 11-07-2013, 04:38 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Mesa, Arizona
Posts: 1,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake12tech View Post
I know I got another car too I gotta get on the road to sell it's just rotting at a friends shop and I'll drive that till the E300 is done. So much to do, so little time! Speaking of chiropractors, I was heavy lifting a 600LB log outside from a tree from Hurricane Sandy for firewood that'll last me months and what do you know my shoulders and blades hurt so bad I can't sit.
And I have to get the Volvo sold, but can't do that until I get the Volkswagen out here and drivable! Anyone got a straw?

Any of the three can do wonders! I am so tense I have had to forget about chiropractic, but my neck needs help and that isn't where I am tight. The sooner you get checked out, the better! If you slipped something, only takes a week to start fusing and then only gets worse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake12tech View Post
I was thinking of getting a wagon soon after selling a car or two for my dogs. #3 will be on the way! A second Nova Scotia Duck Toller I think.
Jake, I tried not having a wagen, but as you know, one dog hardly fits in the back seat and trips become a pain for both. It was so bad I just dumped the sedan and was glad to get anything for it!

Shhhh... Don't let Ember hear you! She then will want to to come and have a romp! Darn Goldens are too friendly!
__________________
Current fleet:

1985 Mercedes-Benz 280TE - Waiting for heart surgery.

1985 Mercedes-Benz 300TDT - Rear ended 23 September 2016 and now looking for a new home.

1979 Mercedes-Benz 300TD - Parted out.

1964 Volkswgen Beetle - Vater's since September 1968 and undergoing a restoration.

1971 Volkswagen Sunroof Squareback with F.I. - in need of full restoration.

1971 Volkswagen Squareback automatic with F.I. - Vacationing with her caretaker until he is in better health.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 11-07-2013, 05:00 PM
jake12tech's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriel View Post
And I have to get the Volvo sold, but can't do that until I get the Volkswagen out here and drivable! Anyone got a straw?

Any of the three can do wonders! I am so tense I have had to forget about chiropractic, but my neck needs help and that isn't where I am tight. The sooner you get checked out, the better! If you slipped something, only takes a week to start fusing and then only gets worse!



Jake, I tried not having a wagen, but as you know, one dog hardly fits in the back seat and trips become a pain for both. It was so bad I just dumped the sedan and was glad to get anything for it!

Shhhh... Don't let Ember hear you! She then will want to to come and have a romp! Darn Goldens are too friendly!
I know right! After the third pup there will be a wagon in my possession. My one dog though is really good in the back seat, once you sit her she just sits back there and looks out the window and doesn't even bark. Yes, my Daisy she's like a mini golden. The smallest of her kind and really has come a long way since I've had her.
__________________
1999 E300 220k
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 11-07-2013, 05:12 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Mesa, Arizona
Posts: 1,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake12tech View Post
I know right! After the third pup there will be a wagon in my possession. My one dog though is really good in the back seat, once you sit her she just sits back there and looks out the window and doesn't even bark. Yes, my Daisy she's like a mini golden. The smallest of her kind and really has come a long way since I've had her.
Jake, what kind? Notice your fleet, and see you are all over the years and engines. Even a Porsche, which I would never own.

Sounds like a content dog. Ember has too much energy to just sit for a half hour. She is truly my copilot as I learned when I saw her head watch the vets office go by and then went in the way back and sulked! [chuckle]

Only time Ember ever barked was when another dog was trying and trying to get her attention by barking and told her she needed to to have a look.

So two Retrievers and a what?

Duck Tollers then are a friendly retriever? Labs can be, but doesn't seem to be a given, though only met a few and one was super aggressive.
__________________
Current fleet:

1985 Mercedes-Benz 280TE - Waiting for heart surgery.

1985 Mercedes-Benz 300TDT - Rear ended 23 September 2016 and now looking for a new home.

1979 Mercedes-Benz 300TD - Parted out.

1964 Volkswgen Beetle - Vater's since September 1968 and undergoing a restoration.

1971 Volkswagen Sunroof Squareback with F.I. - in need of full restoration.

1971 Volkswagen Squareback automatic with F.I. - Vacationing with her caretaker until he is in better health.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 11-07-2013, 05:28 PM
jake12tech's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriel View Post
Jake, what kind? Notice your fleet, and see you are all over the years and engines. Even a Porsche, which I would never own.

Sounds like a content dog. Ember has too much energy to just sit for a half hour. She is truly my copilot as I learned when I saw her head watch the vets office go by and then went in the way back and sulked! [chuckle]

Only time Ember ever barked was when another dog was trying and trying to get her attention by barking and told her she needed to to have a look.

So two Retrievers and a what?

Duck Tollers then are a friendly retriever? Labs can be, but doesn't seem to be a given, though only met a few and one was super aggressive.
I'd probably go for an 87 300TD. I gotta update my signature a lot of my cars are gone. When I moved out of my old house I lost a LOT of space. I got a few sitting around, the Porsche was fun but it's gone. Right now it's the 84 300D sitting right now in a junkyard (just for storage), C230 sitting at a friends shop and the E300. I've been kinda gaining stamina back to get back to what I was doing before for about 3 years now. So I plan on getting another duck toller and I have a hound mix right now. The duck tollers are excellent dogs. Very friendly, but standoffish at first a bit.
__________________
1999 E300 220k
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 11-07-2013, 05:44 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Mesa, Arizona
Posts: 1,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake12tech View Post
I'd probably go for an 87 300TD. I gotta update my signature a lot of my cars are gone. When I moved out of my old house I lost a LOT of space. I got a few sitting around, the Porsche was fun but it's gone. Right now it's the 84 300D sitting right now in a junkyard (just for storage), C230 sitting at a friends shop and the E300. I've been kinda gaining stamina back to get back to what I was doing before for about 3 years now. So I plan on getting another duck toller and I have a hound mix right now. The duck tollers are excellent dogs. Very friendly, but standoffish at first a bit.
Jake, now how did this thread turn to dogs and autos? [chuckle] Oh well...

Wow! You did update it! I hope I can keep my heard thinned down; don't want to own more than three dogs or three autos! Takes too much time!

I have been tempted to get a '87 TD, but instead went for the W123 as had history and available. Now though, be silly as I have to get the Squareback fixed up!

Well, thinking the next Service Dog will be a mix. I like Rottweilers and German Mastiffs, but has to have the brains and some basics so Ember can train him or her. Ember is now about four, so three years until I get another. That gives two years or so for Ember to train him or her and retire at age nine.
__________________
Current fleet:

1985 Mercedes-Benz 280TE - Waiting for heart surgery.

1985 Mercedes-Benz 300TDT - Rear ended 23 September 2016 and now looking for a new home.

1979 Mercedes-Benz 300TD - Parted out.

1964 Volkswgen Beetle - Vater's since September 1968 and undergoing a restoration.

1971 Volkswagen Sunroof Squareback with F.I. - in need of full restoration.

1971 Volkswagen Squareback automatic with F.I. - Vacationing with her caretaker until he is in better health.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 11-07-2013, 06:05 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: MN
Posts: 1,230
http://goo.gl/maps/g5Icc

That trip was 7 years ago, so I do not remember a lot of the details.
We camped at the Bay of Fundy in Alma. We thought it was worth it. We stayed a day to watch a complete tide cycle.
__________________
Greg
2012 S350 BlueTEC 4Matic
2007 ML 320 CDI
2007 Leisure Travel Serenity
2006 Sprinter 432k
2005 E320 CDI
1998 SLK230 (teal)
1998 SLK230 (silver)
1996 E300D 99k, 30k on WVO
Previous:
1983 240D, on WVO
1982 300D, on WVO
1983 300CD, on WVO
1986 300SDL 237k, 25k on WVO (Deerslayer)
1991 350SDL 249k, 56k on WVO - Retired to a car spa in Phoenix
1983 380 SEC w/603 diesel, 8k on WVO
1996 E300D 351k, 177k on WVO

2007 ML320 CDI .. / 2005 E320 CDI .../ 1998 SLK 230 .../ 1991 Daihatsu Rocky
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 11-07-2013, 06:05 PM
jake12tech's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriel View Post
Jake, now how did this thread turn to dogs and autos? [chuckle] Oh well...

Wow! You did update it! I hope I can keep my heard thinned down; don't want to own more than three dogs or three autos! Takes too much time!

I have been tempted to get a '87 TD, but instead went for the W123 as had history and available. Now though, be silly as I have to get the Squareback fixed up!

Well, thinking the next Service Dog will be a mix. I like Rottweilers and German Mastiffs, but has to have the brains and some basics so Ember can train him or her. Ember is now about four, so three years until I get another. That gives two years or so for Ember to train him or her and retire at age nine.
What are ya gonna do? Yes, keep your heard thinned (dog wise and car wise ). They reported all my cars including my 86 Pontiac Trans Am GTA "project car". They were gonna fine me $100 a day each car on all the cars that were in my signature. Anyway I moved shortly after but I was mad I had to sell my favorite 87 300E and 82 300D. Hey this is what the square back could look like when it's done! just kidding
Attached Thumbnails
Northeast Trip-squareback.jpg  
__________________
1999 E300 220k
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 11-07-2013, 06:13 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Mesa, Arizona
Posts: 1,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake12tech View Post
What are ya gonna do? Yes, keep your heard thinned (dog wise and car wise ). They reported all my cars including my 86 Pontiac Trans Am GTA "project car". They were gonna fine me $100 a day each car on all the cars that were in my signature. Anyway I moved shortly after but I was mad I had to sell my favorite 87 300E and 82 300D. Hey this is what the square back could look like when it's done! just kidding
What do you mean by what I will do? When my egg donor asks to take care of one of her animals, I will say no! If Ember brings home hoe a boyfriend, we will find him a home like last time. Don't have much bread, so that keeps the spending down...

The best way I think to help the pain be get a nice '87 TD.

Keep, hope you are, as like to keep her stock! Though I do have a nicer camshaft, but that was when I was younger and stupid... Don't want to share now, as the last ones were long ago and in poor shape.
__________________
Current fleet:

1985 Mercedes-Benz 280TE - Waiting for heart surgery.

1985 Mercedes-Benz 300TDT - Rear ended 23 September 2016 and now looking for a new home.

1979 Mercedes-Benz 300TD - Parted out.

1964 Volkswgen Beetle - Vater's since September 1968 and undergoing a restoration.

1971 Volkswagen Sunroof Squareback with F.I. - in need of full restoration.

1971 Volkswagen Squareback automatic with F.I. - Vacationing with her caretaker until he is in better health.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 11-07-2013, 06:21 PM
jake12tech's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriel View Post
What do you mean by what I will do? When my egg donor asks to take care of one of her animals, I will say no! If Ember brings home hoe a boyfriend, we will find him a home like last time. Don't have much bread, so that keeps the spending down...

The best way I think to help the pain be get a nice '87 TD.

Keep, hope you are, as like to keep her stock! Though I do have a nicer camshaft, but that was when I was younger and stupid... Don't want to share now, as the last ones were long ago and in poor shape.
Oh, I was just joking when I said "what are you gonna do" about how you were kidding about how the conversation about how it went to dogs and cars. That 87TD sounds nice right about now. But right now, I got the E300 and one day I wanna run that baby on WVO.
__________________
1999 E300 220k
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 11-07-2013, 06:27 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Mesa, Arizona
Posts: 1,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake12tech View Post
Oh, I was just joking when I said "what are you gonna do" about how you were kidding about how the conversation about how it went to dogs and cars. That 87TD sounds nice right about now. But right now, I got the E300 and one day I wanna run that baby on WVO.
Oh! Well, sortrry about being Autistic! But, I am working on a plan!

We can all have aspirations, right?

I looked into W.V.O. and S.V.O., but didn't want to deal with the coking. Also, around here there is no sources...
__________________
Current fleet:

1985 Mercedes-Benz 280TE - Waiting for heart surgery.

1985 Mercedes-Benz 300TDT - Rear ended 23 September 2016 and now looking for a new home.

1979 Mercedes-Benz 300TD - Parted out.

1964 Volkswgen Beetle - Vater's since September 1968 and undergoing a restoration.

1971 Volkswagen Sunroof Squareback with F.I. - in need of full restoration.

1971 Volkswagen Squareback automatic with F.I. - Vacationing with her caretaker until he is in better health.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 11-07-2013, 06:44 PM
jake12tech's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriel View Post
Oh! Well, sortrry about being Autistic! But, I am working on a plan!

We can all have aspirations, right?

I looked into W.V.O. and S.V.O., but didn't want to deal with the coking. Also, around here there is no sources...
Sure can. Have you ever seen the movie Mr. Jones with Richard Gere? That's me in a nut-shell lol. I'm not sure if there is sources around here, but I will find something for Bio-Diesel. I'm just gonna run it in the 84 first because I haven't heard too many people yet with newer models like the 1999.
__________________
1999 E300 220k
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 11-07-2013, 06:49 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Mesa, Arizona
Posts: 1,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake12tech View Post
Sure can. Have you ever seen the movie Mr. Jones with Richard Gere? That's me in a nut-shell lol. I'm not sure if there is sources around here, but I will find something for Bio-Diesel. I'm just gonna run it in the 84 first because I haven't heard too many people yet with newer models like the 1999.
What?

Are you saying you are like a character in a movie?

So which are you going to run, bio or veg?
__________________
Current fleet:

1985 Mercedes-Benz 280TE - Waiting for heart surgery.

1985 Mercedes-Benz 300TDT - Rear ended 23 September 2016 and now looking for a new home.

1979 Mercedes-Benz 300TD - Parted out.

1964 Volkswgen Beetle - Vater's since September 1968 and undergoing a restoration.

1971 Volkswagen Sunroof Squareback with F.I. - in need of full restoration.

1971 Volkswagen Squareback automatic with F.I. - Vacationing with her caretaker until he is in better health.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 11-07-2013, 06:54 PM
jake12tech's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriel View Post
What?

Are you saying you are like a character in a movie?

So which are you going to run, bio or veg?
Never mind, it was a joke. Veg, if I can find it. Bio-Diesel if I can't find veg. Depends on what I can find. I haven't looked into sources.
__________________
1999 E300 220k
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 11-07-2013, 06:58 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Mesa, Arizona
Posts: 1,720
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake12tech View Post
Never mind, it was a joke. Veg, if I can find it. Bio-Diesel if I can't find veg. Depends on what I can find. I haven't looked into sources.
Ah, got what you mean. Seems I forgot to eat lunch... The acupuncture I though I had I don't, and no point driving an hour to see a Professor especially since I really should be no stress.

If you find veg, not a huge deal to convert to bio, especially with the benefits of bio considered.

__________________
Current fleet:

1985 Mercedes-Benz 280TE - Waiting for heart surgery.

1985 Mercedes-Benz 300TDT - Rear ended 23 September 2016 and now looking for a new home.

1979 Mercedes-Benz 300TD - Parted out.

1964 Volkswgen Beetle - Vater's since September 1968 and undergoing a restoration.

1971 Volkswagen Sunroof Squareback with F.I. - in need of full restoration.

1971 Volkswagen Squareback automatic with F.I. - Vacationing with her caretaker until he is in better health.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page