PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum

PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum (http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/)
-   Diesel Discussion (http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/diesel-discussion/)
-   -   Ok, boredom set in. (http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/diesel-discussion/93083-ok-boredom-set.html)

joe p 04-30-2004 10:53 AM

Ok, boredom set in.
 
1 Attachment(s)
So, does this look stupid? This is project smoker.

Snibble 04-30-2004 11:19 AM

you got some diesel around your fuel lid. ;).... and the w126 should come before the 124 since its a better car;)

The monoblocks look nice on the wagon though:)

joe p 04-30-2004 11:23 AM

Well, the 5.6 in the SEL is a bit hungry for a 70 miles daily commute. The thing will run like a raped ape tho'. :D Altho' after a few tweaks and such smoker runs pretty well and still gets in the high 20's. This morning it suprised the crap out of a ricer, wing and all. Left him sitting there in a cloud of black smoke while he was just spinning. :p



Joe

N8Scafe 04-30-2004 11:32 AM

What am I looking at that could be construed as stupid? I think I must have missed things leading up to this post...

joe p 04-30-2004 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by N8Scafe
What am I looking at that could be construed as stupid? I think I must have missed things leading up to this post...

Staggered monoblocks on a diesel wagon. :D


Like I said, I got bored.


Joe

joe p 04-30-2004 01:06 PM

Nah, thats a 04 Z4. Looks like a damn hightop basketball shoe!


My wagon has 210 on it, runs ok but................ I'm thinking propane and a intercooler retrofit.





Joe

joe p 04-30-2004 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by dieseldiehard
Not a lot of elbow room for an intercooler, when you figure out how to do it let us see it, gsxr would want one for sure.

I want to find a "normal sized" right side mirror to replace the little squared off thing MB put on there. I wonder if they have a larger mirror on RHD W124, like those in the UK? I can't believe they would allow that small mirror on the drivers side?
DDH


I have no idea about the mirror. However the intercooler really should not be that bad. It's got to be a u-turn style tho'. That and some custom bent stainless and there you have it. I just need to find a effective size. (The one on my hauler is damn near as big as the car!)


Once I do I'll post up, maybe a kit would be in order. :cool:


Joe

Holeshot 04-30-2004 03:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Is that as bad as my bling-bling? :)

joe p 04-30-2004 04:41 PM

Joe dont do chrome. :D As you can tell from the pic I'm not really into exterior detailing. Looks good tho'. Once I get smoker in the power range I'm looking for there will be a 1.3" front drop, 1" rear drop and 500e bars on it. I might get around to upgrading brakes as well.




Joe

Holeshot 04-30-2004 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by joe p
Joe dont do chrome. :D As you can tell from the pic I'm not really into exterior detailing. Looks good tho'. Once I get smoker in the power range I'm looking for there will be a 1.3" front drop, 1" rear drop and 500e bars on it. I might get around to upgrading brakes as well.

Actually, the crome is MUCH easier to clean up than the pained wheels I've had on W124's in the past, and the painted wheels on the wife's rig.

In fact I just wiped them down about 30 min. ago because I'm picking up people form the airport in a couple of hours and I want to be sure my $5k beater is looking it's best.. :D

VeeDubTDI 04-30-2004 04:48 PM

Passenger's Side Mirror
 
The 126 has a full-size passenger's side mirror. I don't know if it will fit on a 124 though.

Nice looking wagon! :cool:

joe p 04-30-2004 04:49 PM

Screw that, for ten bucks Vic'll wash the car and vacuum it. I'm lazy, especially on a day like today.




Joe

Alan Hamm 04-30-2004 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Holeshot
Is that as bad as my bling-bling? :)
Is that nuclear radiation creeping up the edges of your driveway? Damn stuff is glowing.

Veloce300DT 04-30-2004 06:21 PM

Joe P- I'll keep it simple and short, I LOVE the monoblocks.

E300D 04-30-2004 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by dieseldiehard
Not a lot of elbow room for an intercooler, when you figure out how to do it let us see it, gsxr would want one for sure.

I want to find a "normal sized" right side mirror to replace the little squared off thing MB put on there. I wonder if they have a larger mirror on RHD W124, like those in the UK? I can't believe they would allow that small mirror on the drivers side?
DDH


Visit www.2phast.com and go to his W201. Mr 2phast installed the regular size mirror from a UK model.

I believe the square mirror looks good. I read somewhere that the square shape has its purpose, more visibilty. C'mon MB engineers would put a different size mirror for looks, it has a purpose to it!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website