Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help



Go Back   PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Classified Ads > Mercedes-Benz Cars For Sale

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-08-2019, 03:04 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Bay Area via Phoenix, Chicago and Minnesota.
Posts: 377
2007-ML320 CDI--$6995 OBO

Meticulously kept and maintained,​ well deserving of the asking price.

Mechanically a 10,​
Cosmetically a 9.

All systems perfectly functional. No rust,​ no quirky nitnoid glitches,​ no leaks,​ no issues. OIL COOLER SEALS RENEWED!

166,​400 mostly highway miles. 26.2MPG average.

Ready to drive every day or anywhere.

Full maintenance records available

CarFax, Photos and Data Card are at at the DropBox link below, the CarGuru listing is the other link

Mark

I upgraded to a 2016,​ it's now time for the next steward of this fine vehicle to take charge.

2nd owner. ​



https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xjknhfwaif0cttt/AADH5wyHFWEBFq-GF9JEdAcpa?dl=0

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourceContext=carGurusHomePageModel&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=d80&zip=94509#listing=256584020

__________________
Mark
========
THE WHITE FLEET
2016 GLE300d 4-MATIC 38K BROWN!
2012 S350 Bluetec==94k WHITE

2007 ML320 CDI==166K WHITE (FOR SALE)

Under new management:
2005 E320 CDI--140K--WHITE
1995 E300-Diesel-133.5K--THE CAR IS BLUE
1986 300SL--97.5K (European) AND WHITE. Back in Europe!
1991 190E 2.3-73K California Perfect.--WHITE
1995 E320-Wagon-159K--WHITE (recently scrapped)
1987 300D Turbo-213K--WHITE
1987 190D 2.5 Turbo-288K--WHITE

Last edited by markg612; 11-11-2019 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Reduction in price, now $6995
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-10-2019, 08:01 PM
Benzguy300
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Fontana Ca
Posts: 1,367
I like it. Could you tell me what engine is it the inline 6 or the V6 I’m asking because I just saw one on EBay same year but the information says it’s a V6
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-11-2019, 12:28 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Bay Area via Phoenix, Chicago and Minnesota.
Posts: 377
All of the diesel MLs are OM642 3.0L V6. Same engine as they put in the sprinter after 2005. The in-line six was never in the ML. Only in the
05 and 06 E320
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-11-2019, 06:20 PM
Benzguy300
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Fontana Ca
Posts: 1,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg612 View Post
All of the diesel MLs are OM642 3.0L V6. Same engine as they put in the sprinter after 2005. The in-line six was never in the ML. Only in the
05 and 06 E320
Okay tanks for the information. I thought since the E320 came with the inline 6 in 2006 I thought the ML also came with the inline 6 my mistake
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-13-2019, 09:54 PM
Hogweed's Avatar
Watching SB LII every day
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: in the back of beyond a.k.a. Pa.
Posts: 2,868
his car is an '07 which was the first year for the v-6 bluetec but the 07's didn't require the DEF
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzguy300 View Post
Okay tanks for the information. I thought since the E320 came with the inline 6 in 2006 I thought the ML also came with the inline 6 my mistake
__________________
0o==o0

James 4:8

"...let us put aside the blindness of mind of those who can conceive of nothing higher than what is known through the senses"
-Saint Gregory Palamas, ---Discourse on the Holy Transfiguration of Our Lord God and Savior Jesus Christ


Centrally located in North East Central Pa.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-14-2019, 02:04 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Bay Area via Phoenix, Chicago and Minnesota.
Posts: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogweed View Post
his car is an '07 which was the first year for the v-6 bluetec but the 07's didn't require the DEF
Better put-- "Bluetec" as a badge was introduced in 2009. The 2007s and 2008s were all badge CDI both 211s and 164s, and the sprinters for that matter, all with OM642 V-6s and a DPF, but get this, in 2009 the 164s were DPF w/SCR, however, the W211 was badge "Bluetec" with DPF, but no SCR! Take that a step further, my S350 isn't badged Bluetec at all, only 4-matic on the boot, and blue efficiency on the front fender.

I don't entirely understand all I know about that process, but in kind of fits with the dicked up mess that has ensued since the engine displacement was no longer represented by the number on the boot. E300 used to be a 3.0L in the good ol days, today its just a penis sizing tool to confuse even the most nitnoid of us!
__________________
Mark
========
THE WHITE FLEET
2016 GLE300d 4-MATIC 38K BROWN!
2012 S350 Bluetec==94k WHITE

2007 ML320 CDI==166K WHITE (FOR SALE)

Under new management:
2005 E320 CDI--140K--WHITE
1995 E300-Diesel-133.5K--THE CAR IS BLUE
1986 300SL--97.5K (European) AND WHITE. Back in Europe!
1991 190E 2.3-73K California Perfect.--WHITE
1995 E320-Wagon-159K--WHITE (recently scrapped)
1987 300D Turbo-213K--WHITE
1987 190D 2.5 Turbo-288K--WHITE
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-22-2019, 02:03 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Chicago burbs
Posts: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg612 View Post
Better put-- "Bluetec" as a badge was introduced in 2009. The 2007s and 2008s were all badge CDI both 211s and 164s, and the sprinters for that matter, all with OM642 V-6s and a DPF, but get this, in 2009 the 164s were DPF w/SCR, however, the W211 was badge "Bluetec" with DPF, but no SCR! Take that a step further, my S350 isn't badged Bluetec at all, only 4-matic on the boot, and blue efficiency on the front fender.

I don't entirely understand all I know about that process, but in kind of fits with the dicked up mess that has ensued since the engine displacement was no longer represented by the number on the boot. E300 used to be a 3.0L in the good ol days, today its just a penis sizing tool to confuse even the most nitnoid of us!
so-
do any 2007 or 2008 M or G class CDI's require DEF fluid or use DPF filters?

I am trying to avoid both DEF and DPF

Have you replaced any of the air springs?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-22-2019, 02:51 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Bay Area via Phoenix, Chicago and Minnesota.
Posts: 377
ML/GL 2007-2008 are both DPF only, NO DEF.

2009 and up is DEF and runflats.

DPF is a nothing burger, I've had zero issues with it, just use 229.31spec oil or greater is the lynchpin, I've seen poorly maintained DPF vehicles where the exhaust was completely coked in carbon/oil residue. If the tailpipes are dry with a very light sooting, DPF is fine,

I sure wouldn't limit my choices because of PDF.

I've not done airsprings, however, they swap out no different than the steal suspension, the entire shock/spring assembly comes out whole, one needs to disconnect the airlines at the top of the tower.
__________________
Mark
========
THE WHITE FLEET
2016 GLE300d 4-MATIC 38K BROWN!
2012 S350 Bluetec==94k WHITE

2007 ML320 CDI==166K WHITE (FOR SALE)

Under new management:
2005 E320 CDI--140K--WHITE
1995 E300-Diesel-133.5K--THE CAR IS BLUE
1986 300SL--97.5K (European) AND WHITE. Back in Europe!
1991 190E 2.3-73K California Perfect.--WHITE
1995 E320-Wagon-159K--WHITE (recently scrapped)
1987 300D Turbo-213K--WHITE
1987 190D 2.5 Turbo-288K--WHITE
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-22-2019, 07:44 PM
Hogweed's Avatar
Watching SB LII every day
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: in the back of beyond a.k.a. Pa.
Posts: 2,868
i've seen both 2007 and 2008 e320 cars badged bluetec.....which was why i wanted to find out about the DEF.
this is an 08 with a build date 12/07
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg612 View Post
Better put-- "Bluetec" as a badge was introduced in 2009. The 2007s and 2008s were all badge CDI both 211s and 164s, and the sprinters for that matter, all with OM642 V-6s and a DPF, but get this, in 2009 the 164s were DPF w/SCR, however, the W211 was badge "Bluetec" with DPF, but no SCR! Take that a step further, my S350 isn't badged Bluetec at all, only 4-matic on the boot, and blue efficiency on the front fender.

I don't entirely understand all I know about that process, but in kind of fits with the dicked up mess that has ensued since the engine displacement was no longer represented by the number on the boot. E300 used to be a 3.0L in the good ol days, today its just a penis sizing tool to confuse even the most nitnoid of us!
Attached Thumbnails
2007-ML320 CDI--95 OBO-2008-mercedes-benz-e320-cdi-rear-left-30135287.jpg  
__________________
0o==o0

James 4:8

"...let us put aside the blindness of mind of those who can conceive of nothing higher than what is known through the senses"
-Saint Gregory Palamas, ---Discourse on the Holy Transfiguration of Our Lord God and Savior Jesus Christ


Centrally located in North East Central Pa.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-22-2019, 11:29 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Bay Area via Phoenix, Chicago and Minnesota.
Posts: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg612 View Post

ML/GL 2007-2008 are both DPF only, NO DEF.

2009 and up is DEF and runflats.

DPF is a nothing burger, I've had zero issues with it, just use 229.31spec oil or greater is the lynchpin, I've seen poorly maintained DPF vehicles where the exhaust was completely coked in carbon/oil residue. If the tailpipes are dry with a very light sooting, DPF is fine,

I sure wouldn't limit my choices because of DPF.

I've not done airsprings, however, they swap out no different than the steal suspension, the entire shock/spring assembly comes out whole, one needs to disconnect the airlines at the top of the tower.
W211--
2005,2006
OM648 E320 CDI badged cars--NO DPF, NO DEF

2007,2008,2009
OM642 E320 Bluetec badged cars--DPF, NO DEF

W164/X164/V251
2007, 2008
ML320/GL320/R320 CDI badged cars-DPF, NO DEF

2009 ML320/GL320/R320 Bluetec badged cars DPF, DEF, Runflats.

There was NO 2010 diesel E class, 2011 E350 Bluetec was the W212 cars with DPF and DEF and Runflats.

***NO W211 in the US market irrespective of the engine ever had DEF***

Bottom line:

OM648s NO DPF, NO DEF
OM642s all came with DPFs, then DEF in the 164s/251s in 09, and in the 212s in 2011 in the US market, and then in the W221s in 12 & 13.
__________________
Mark
========
THE WHITE FLEET
2016 GLE300d 4-MATIC 38K BROWN!
2012 S350 Bluetec==94k WHITE

2007 ML320 CDI==166K WHITE (FOR SALE)

Under new management:
2005 E320 CDI--140K--WHITE
1995 E300-Diesel-133.5K--THE CAR IS BLUE
1986 300SL--97.5K (European) AND WHITE. Back in Europe!
1991 190E 2.3-73K California Perfect.--WHITE
1995 E320-Wagon-159K--WHITE (recently scrapped)
1987 300D Turbo-213K--WHITE
1987 190D 2.5 Turbo-288K--WHITE
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-23-2019, 10:34 AM
Hogweed's Avatar
Watching SB LII every day
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: in the back of beyond a.k.a. Pa.
Posts: 2,868
https://www.motortrend.com/cars/mercedes-benz/e-class/2008/mercedes-benz-e320-bluetec-first-test/

i guess i'm confused......in my search for a lower-priced w211 diesel, i've been told by sellers of 2008 w211 e320 cars that they did use the DEF (and the 2007 did not).....also found this from the motortrend article about the 'new' 2008 e320....

"The new 50-state version of Mercedes's 3.2-liter turbodiesel Bluetec V-6 uses urea solution injection technology, called AdBlue, to meet even California's tough emissions standards. The ammonia-based fluid reduces nitrogen-oxide levels to the point that the diesel is as clean as the E350's 3.5-liter gasoline V-6. Bluetec is currently available in the E-Class and will be offered in the M, R, and GL-Class SUVs later this year."

but most people agree that the 2008 w211 does not require it
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg612 View Post
W211--
2005,2006
OM648 E320 CDI badged cars--NO DPF, NO DEF

2007,2008,2009
OM642 E320 Bluetec badged cars--DPF, NO DEF

W164/X164/V251
2007, 2008
ML320/GL320/R320 CDI badged cars-DPF, NO DEF

2009 ML320/GL320/R320 Bluetec badged cars DPF, DEF, Runflats.

There was NO 2010 diesel E class, 2011 E350 Bluetec was the W212 cars with DPF and DEF and Runflats.

***NO W211 in the US market irrespective of the engine ever had DEF***

Bottom line:

OM648s NO DPF, NO DEF
OM642s all came with DPFs, then DEF in the 164s/251s in 09, and in the 212s in 2011 in the US market, and then in the W221s in 12 & 13.

__________________
0o==o0

James 4:8

"...let us put aside the blindness of mind of those who can conceive of nothing higher than what is known through the senses"
-Saint Gregory Palamas, ---Discourse on the Holy Transfiguration of Our Lord God and Savior Jesus Christ


Centrally located in North East Central Pa.

Last edited by Hogweed; 11-23-2019 at 12:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page