Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help




Go Back   PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Tech Information and Support > Mercedes-Benz Performance Paddock

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 12-20-2007, 07:53 PM
88Black560SL
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NC
Posts: 2,991
Source for 18mm heater hose

Does anyone know of a source for 18mm heater hose. I did find a place in England that sells it but they want 30 pounds ~ $65.00 to ship 6 meters to the US.

John Roncallo
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-20-2007, 08:14 PM
300EVIL's Avatar
Moderator Incarnate
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Lake Geneva, WI.
Posts: 1,676
Why not just use 3/4" hose?
__________________
Current Stable:
01 ML55 AMG
92 500E (a few mods)
87 300E (lots of mods)
00 Chevy 3500HD Diesel Box Truck
68 18' Donzi Marine
06 GT i-Drive7 1.0 Mountain Bike (with GPS!)

PREVIOUSLY OWNED:83 300SD, 87 420SEL, 88 420SEL, 90 420SEL, 86 560SEL, 86 190E 2.3-16V AMG, 94 E320

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-20-2007, 08:46 PM
88Black560SL
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NC
Posts: 2,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
Why not just use 3/4" hose?
I thought about it but it is sloppy and its in a location where I really dont want problems.

John Roncallo
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-20-2007, 08:53 PM
300EVIL's Avatar
Moderator Incarnate
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Lake Geneva, WI.
Posts: 1,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roncallo View Post
I thought about it but it is sloppy and its in a location where I really dont want problems.

John Roncallo
Isn't 18MM ID equal to 3/4" ID? Other than manufacturer quality and the print on the hose their shouldn't be any difference,,,Right? I must be missing something.
__________________
Current Stable:
01 ML55 AMG
92 500E (a few mods)
87 300E (lots of mods)
00 Chevy 3500HD Diesel Box Truck
68 18' Donzi Marine
06 GT i-Drive7 1.0 Mountain Bike (with GPS!)

PREVIOUSLY OWNED:83 300SD, 87 420SEL, 88 420SEL, 90 420SEL, 86 560SEL, 86 190E 2.3-16V AMG, 94 E320

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-20-2007, 09:07 PM
88Black560SL
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NC
Posts: 2,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
Isn't 18MM ID equal to 3/4" ID? Other than manufacturer quality and the print on the hose their shouldn't be any difference,,,Right? I must be missing something.
No 18mm = 0.709" very conveinently right in between 5/8" = 0.625" and 3/4" = 0.750". 18 mm is used on MB heater cores and other forigen cars but know where in the USA.

John Roncallo
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-20-2007, 10:04 PM
unkl300d's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: San Francisco, Ca
Posts: 2,300
go on craigslist.com and post a mesage on an appropriate category. Request somebody that travels to Europe to get this for you, for a monetary tip. Many folks travel for biz or fun etc.

OR ask Santa !!
__________________
1979 300D 199 K miles
1995 C280 95 K miles
1992 Cadillac Eldorado Touring Coupe 57K miles
********************
1979 240D 140Kmiles (bought for parents) *SOLD.
SAN FRANCISCO/(*San Diego)
1989 300SE 148 K miles *SOLD
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-20-2007, 10:19 PM
88Black560SL
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NC
Posts: 2,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by unkl300d View Post
go on craigslist.com and post a mesage on an appropriate category. Request somebody that travels to Europe to get this for you, for a monetary tip. Many folks travel for biz or fun etc.

OR ask Santa !!
Well that was my next possibility. I have sister in laws in London and in Ireland. The one in London wouldent be caught dead in an auto parts store. The one in Ireland might just pull this off.

John Roncallo
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-21-2007, 11:16 AM
300EVIL's Avatar
Moderator Incarnate
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Lake Geneva, WI.
Posts: 1,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roncallo View Post
No 18mm = 0.709" very conveinently right in between 5/8" = 0.625" and 3/4" = 0.750". 18 mm is used on MB heater cores and other forigen cars but know where in the USA.

John Roncallo
Man your picky! Yeah, I looked around and this is the only thing i could find. http://*************/shop/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=339&cat=Oil+Hose%2C+Pipes%2C+Lines+%26+Fittings
It's oil hose so I'm pretty sure it would stand up to coolant. You may want to give them a call and see if they sell 18mm heater hose.
Hope this helps!
__________________
Current Stable:
01 ML55 AMG
92 500E (a few mods)
87 300E (lots of mods)
00 Chevy 3500HD Diesel Box Truck
68 18' Donzi Marine
06 GT i-Drive7 1.0 Mountain Bike (with GPS!)

PREVIOUSLY OWNED:83 300SD, 87 420SEL, 88 420SEL, 90 420SEL, 86 560SEL, 86 190E 2.3-16V AMG, 94 E320

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-21-2007, 12:16 PM
88Black560SL
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NC
Posts: 2,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by 300EVIL View Post
Man your picky! Yeah, I looked around and this is the only thing i could find. http://*************/shop/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=339&cat=Oil+Hose%2C+Pipes%2C+Lines+%26+Fittings
It's oil hose so I'm pretty sure it would stand up to coolant. You may want to give them a call and see if they sell 18mm heater hose.
Hope this helps!
Well you just solved another prior problem I had. See link

Tubing Fittings

The page you sent me to has these DIN ends. I think I'm going to stock up.

John Roncallo
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12-27-2007, 12:03 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: beautiful Bucks Co, PA
Posts: 961
Check with these guys. They made up hoses for a British backhoe for me.
http://www.nycocorp.com/
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 12-27-2007, 05:50 AM
88Black560SL
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NC
Posts: 2,991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas H View Post
Check with these guys. They made up hoses for a British backhoe for me.
http://www.nycocorp.com/
Metric hydraulic hose is available anywhere except MB hydraulic hose with DIN 3863 Kugelbuchse ends. Heater hose seems to be non existent in this country. In my searches I have found several people working on different foreign cars needing metric hose but they cannot find it in this country.

Evidently the DeTomaso Pantara also uses 18mm heater hose. He cant find it either.

John Roncallo
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-31-2007, 09:15 PM
88Black560SL
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NC
Posts: 2,991
Found 18mm hose

I found the source for MB 18mm heater hose. It is used on 70's vintage 450SL from expansion tank to radiator.

MB P/N N 900271 018036 order by the meter.

John Roncallo
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page