Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help




Go Back   PeachParts Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Classified Ads > Mercedes-Benz Used Parts For Sale & Wanted

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-15-2009, 04:35 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South Range, Wi. 54874
Posts: 22
have transmission

I have an auto trans for mercedes . Got it from a shop going out of business. he didn't remember yr or model but said it came out of a wreck and had been recently rebuilt . I have $50 bucks in it and don't need it . If any one is interested I can get the # off the case.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-15-2009, 06:33 PM
Wodnek's Avatar
Vintage Mercedes Junkie
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Southeast Wisconsin
Posts: 1,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufdaland View Post
I have an auto trans for mercedes . Got it from a shop going out of business. he didn't remember yr or model but said it came out of a wreck and had been recently rebuilt . I have $50 bucks in it and don't need it . If any one is interested I can get the # off the case.
If you provide your location that will help us. If its close, I would be interested.
__________________
1959 Gravely LI, 1963 Gravely L8, 1973 Gravely C12
1982 380SL
1978 450 SEL 6.9 euro restoration at 63% and climbing
1987 300 D
2005 CDI European Delivery
2006 CDI Handed down to daughter
2007 GL CDI. Wifes

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-15-2009, 09:37 PM
daw_two's Avatar
diesel enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Germantown, TN
Posts: 5,438
If it's close and the right one, I would be interested. "Close" is sort of relative for me because I travel around some.
__________________
daw_two
Germantown, TN

Links:
Current Car --- 05/2012 1984 300D Light Ivory, Red interior
Cluster Needles Paint
New Old Stock (NOS) parts

Past:
3/2008 1986 300SDL "Coda"
04/2010 1965 190D(c) "Ben"
& many more
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-15-2009, 10:04 PM
Graplr's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Redlands, CA
Posts: 1,577
Not to steal ufdalands' thread, but since we don't know the model yet, iIf any one is looking for a 116 tranny (diesel- 722.120) I have a good working one. I'll let it go cheap.

I'm in the Twin Cities of MN if this is the one either of you are looking for.
__________________
2004 E320 Wagon

Past Mercedes
1979 300TD
1982 300TD
2000 E320 4Matic Wagon
1998 E430
1984 300SD
1980 300SD
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-15-2009, 11:21 PM
Wodnek's Avatar
Vintage Mercedes Junkie
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Southeast Wisconsin
Posts: 1,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graplr View Post
Not to steal ufdalands' thread, but since we don't know the model yet, iIf any one is looking for a 116 tranny (diesel- 722.120) I have a good working one. I'll let it go cheap.

I'm in the Twin Cities of MN if this is the one either of you are looking for.
How cheap is cheap? I dont need one, but for the right price... i am not too far away.
__________________
1959 Gravely LI, 1963 Gravely L8, 1973 Gravely C12
1982 380SL
1978 450 SEL 6.9 euro restoration at 63% and climbing
1987 300 D
2005 CDI European Delivery
2006 CDI Handed down to daughter
2007 GL CDI. Wifes

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-16-2009, 04:02 PM
Graplr's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Redlands, CA
Posts: 1,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wodnek View Post
How cheap is cheap? I dont need one, but for the right price... i am not too far away.
I was thinking $200. I have no use for it. The wife likes 116s, but I don't know if we'll ever get another one, so it is just sitting now.

I pulled it almost one year ago exactly from a running 80 300SD. The odometer read somewhere around 230k (and was working). I parted the car because the floor had rusted though and it was becoming a Fred Flinstone car.

The tranny shifted very smooth. In fact, smoother than my 84 (and I have had two tranny's in it). I don't know the history of it as I bought the car for the engine (300D engine transplanted into it that is now in my SD). So I drove it maybe a total of 200 miles myself.
__________________
2004 E320 Wagon

Past Mercedes
1979 300TD
1982 300TD
2000 E320 4Matic Wagon
1998 E430
1984 300SD
1980 300SD
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-16-2009, 04:12 PM
daw_two's Avatar
diesel enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Germantown, TN
Posts: 5,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graplr View Post
I was thinking $200. I have no use for it. The wife likes 116s, but I don't know if we'll ever get another one, so it is just sitting now.

So I drove it maybe a total of 200 miles myself.
I see a nice, rust "freeish", Southern 116 in your future. KEEP the transmission!!! I've got a car in mind for you.
__________________
daw_two
Germantown, TN

Links:
Current Car --- 05/2012 1984 300D Light Ivory, Red interior
Cluster Needles Paint
New Old Stock (NOS) parts

Past:
3/2008 1986 300SDL "Coda"
04/2010 1965 190D(c) "Ben"
& many more
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-16-2009, 04:50 PM
Graplr's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Redlands, CA
Posts: 1,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by daw_two View Post
I see a nice, rust "freeish", Southern 116 in your future. KEEP the transmission!!! I've got a car in mind for you.
I'm not in the market. I just bought the Suburban. 3 cars with a single car garage is enough (my 2 plus the wife's).
__________________
2004 E320 Wagon

Past Mercedes
1979 300TD
1982 300TD
2000 E320 4Matic Wagon
1998 E430
1984 300SD
1980 300SD
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-16-2009, 06:47 PM
daw_two's Avatar
diesel enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Germantown, TN
Posts: 5,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graplr View Post
I'm not in the market. I just bought the Suburban. 3 cars with a single car garage is enough (my 2 plus the wife's).
I understand. I've got a 2 car garage and ....only 3 vehicles at the house. I know the feeling. Only 1 car in the garage....where did all this other stuff (MB parts ) come from????
__________________
daw_two
Germantown, TN

Links:
Current Car --- 05/2012 1984 300D Light Ivory, Red interior
Cluster Needles Paint
New Old Stock (NOS) parts

Past:
3/2008 1986 300SDL "Coda"
04/2010 1965 190D(c) "Ben"
& many more
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-16-2009, 08:55 PM
cth350's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 3,780
Getting back to the original subject, an email to the seller turned up this...

> Here is the # stamped into the case along the oil pan.
> 116270130172200202062344.
> the trans is in northern Wisconsin. Jerry

-CTH
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-16-2009, 10:16 PM
Wodnek's Avatar
Vintage Mercedes Junkie
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Southeast Wisconsin
Posts: 1,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by cth350 View Post
Getting back to the original subject, an email to the seller turned up this...

> Here is the # stamped into the case along the oil pan.
> 116270130172200202062344.
> the trans is in northern Wisconsin. Jerry

-CTH
So that would be a 722 transmission for a 116?
If so, what model?
I am certainly close enough to go get it.
can you PM me with his contact info?
__________________
1959 Gravely LI, 1963 Gravely L8, 1973 Gravely C12
1982 380SL
1978 450 SEL 6.9 euro restoration at 63% and climbing
1987 300 D
2005 CDI European Delivery
2006 CDI Handed down to daughter
2007 GL CDI. Wifes

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-22-2009, 07:47 PM
Fold on dotted line
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SE Mich
Posts: 3,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufdaland View Post
I have an auto trans for mercedes . Got it from a shop going out of business. he didn't remember yr or model but said it came out of a wreck and had been recently rebuilt . I have $50 bucks in it and don't need it . If any one is interested I can get the # off the case.
Yep, I'm interested, but I need all the numbers. Then I might need a map to your house


Just asking: is there a torque converter somewheres?
__________________
Strelnik
Invest in America: Buy a Congressman!

1950 170SD
1951 Citroen 11BN
1953 Citroen 11BNF limo
1953 220a project
1959 180D
1960 190D
1960 Borgward Isabella TS 2dr
1983 240D daily driver
1983 380SL
1990 350SDL daily driver alt
3 x Citroen DS21M, down from 5
3 x Citroen 2CV, down from 6
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-22-2009, 10:53 PM
Wodnek's Avatar
Vintage Mercedes Junkie
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Southeast Wisconsin
Posts: 1,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by strelnik View Post
Yep, I'm interested, but I need all the numbers. Then I might need a map to your house


Just asking: is there a torque converter somewheres?
The number is in CTH post above.

The trans is in the far northwest corner of Wisconsin, near Superior.
I have been thinking about it, but it is 6.5 hour drive for me.
If you get it, then i dont need to think about it anymore.
__________________
1959 Gravely LI, 1963 Gravely L8, 1973 Gravely C12
1982 380SL
1978 450 SEL 6.9 euro restoration at 63% and climbing
1987 300 D
2005 CDI European Delivery
2006 CDI Handed down to daughter
2007 GL CDI. Wifes

Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-23-2009, 07:07 AM
Admiral-Third World Fleet
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Central FL
Posts: 3,068
722.002? What could that be out of? Sounds early....
__________________
80 300SD (129k mi) 82 240D stick (193k mi)77 240D auto - stick to be (153k mi) 85 380SL (145k mi) 89 BMW 535i 82 Diesel Rabbit Pickup (374k mi) 91 Jetta IDI Diesel (155k mi) 81 VW Rabbit Convertible Diesel 70 Triumph Spitfire Mk III (63kmi)66 Triumph TR4a IRS (90k mi)67 Ford F-100 (??)
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-23-2009, 11:39 AM
Graplr's Avatar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Redlands, CA
Posts: 1,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wodnek View Post
The number is in CTH post above.

The trans is in the far northwest corner of Wisconsin, near Superior.
I have been thinking about it, but it is 6.5 hour drive for me.
If you get it, then i dont need to think about it anymore.
If you are really interested in mine, I could meet you halfway on 90/94 some weekend. Maybe around Tomah?
__________________
2004 E320 Wagon

Past Mercedes
1979 300TD
1982 300TD
2000 E320 4Matic Wagon
1998 E430
1984 300SD
1980 300SD
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2018 Pelican Parts, LLC - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page