Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help




Go Back   PeachParts Mercedes ShopForum > General Discussions > Off-Topic Discussion > Off Topic Discussion - Politics and Religion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 06-24-2015, 12:42 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 4,278
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.C. View Post
If they really wanted to show support for this country's values, they should cut their Chinese imports by half...
Oh so you would be ok if Wally sold a confederate flag made in China that was 9"x 12" instead of 12" x 18"? How would that show support for our countries values.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 06-24-2015, 01:06 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 7,346
The Gov in SC is only getting the vapors over this since it is in the news. She will hem and haw for a few weeks, assign a group to study the issue, and hope it all goes away. Conservatives have short memories so in a few weeks this will seem like the distant past to them, and if the rest of the population there is upset then that's OK with the Conservatives. After all, someone is always upset about something so let 'em gripe.

I wonder what her back up plan is if the issue does not go away.

The only thing that will bring change is change in the make up of the statehouse. If the voters there figure that out then Conservatives will have to drag out the 'they rigged the election' banners again and blame voter fraud for their defeat.

This could get interesting.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 06-24-2015, 01:43 AM
davidmash's Avatar
Supercalifragilisticexpia
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 11,683
Joe Morton (Papa Pope from Scandal) talks about the Confederate flag.

https://youtu.be/cBZrNY--ObA
__________________
Sent from an agnostic abacus

2014 C250 21,XXX my new DD ** 2013 GLK 350 18,000 Wife's new DD**

- With out god, life is everything.
- God is an ever receding pocket of scientific ignorance that's getting smaller and smaller as time moves on..." Neil DeGrasse Tyson
- You can pray for me, I'll think for you.
- When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 06-24-2015, 03:01 AM
cmac2012's Avatar
Renaissance Dude
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Berkeley, CA
Posts: 9,142
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloride View Post
Oh so you would be ok if Wally sold a confederate flag made in China that was 9"x 12" instead of 12" x 18"? How would that show support for our countries values.
Hey! Excellent point!!
__________________
cmac

1986 300SDL, 305K
1987 BMW 325i, 440K
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 06-24-2015, 04:15 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The slums of Beverly Hills
Posts: 5,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudesky View Post
Didn't realize the family values crowd was the strong arm of the democrat party.
You learn new things every day, don't you kiddo?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Ted View Post
tits = worse & worst.
Sad
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 06-24-2015, 05:26 AM
Posting since Jan 2000
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,856
Now they're talking about removing statues of confederate people. Will they stop before dynamiting Stone Mountain, Georgia?

This is a perfect example of the liberal mental disorder(LMD) that makes people think that the government can fix everything, and can even make you feel better.

Has anyone ever read about Sherman's actions in the South? He could probably have given terrorism lessons to Bin Laden. Do the descendants of those civilians murdered and looted by Sherman need to have all the sherman memorabilia ripped out? Where does all this stop? Do we start ripping apart the museums to make people feel better?

The stories in the history books are probably also disturbing to some people, so will they next start burning the history books that have any reference to the civil war or oppression? What happened to the "those who do not know history are doomed to repeat it?" How do we prevent repeating it if we do away with the evidence of it in the name of political correctness?

Is the American flag next to be assaulted?

Political Correctness is a disease that is growing in our society. Get a grip folks.
__________________
II Peter 3, 3-7

Last edited by Air&Road; 06-24-2015 at 06:53 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 06-24-2015, 06:22 AM
gatorblue92's Avatar
Save the manuals!
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Delaware
Posts: 3,297
OK, after much consideration here is my stance on the Confederate Flag. It should be ok for the following:
1. Confederate Cemeteries
2. Confederate Monuments
3. History Exhibits/Museums/Re-enactments
4. Historical Literature
5. The General Lee from the Dukes of Hazard

All but #5 are negotiable.
__________________
1977 MB 240D 4 speed 144K - Nearly Perfect
1991 MB 300TE 5 Speed 274k - Back on the road!
2014 Honda CR-V 60k - Wife's DD
2015 Ford F150 2.7TT 32k - My DD

1979 MB 280E 90K - Sold
1983 MB 240D 238K - Scrapped
1984 MB 300D 347K? - Sold
1987 MB 300E 5 speed 258K - Scrapped
1993 MB 400E 130K - Sold
1995 MB E320 - Sold
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 06-24-2015, 06:28 AM
Posting since Jan 2000
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorblue92 View Post
OK, after much consideration here is my stance on the Confederate Flag. It should be ok for the following:
1. Confederate Cemeteries
2. Confederate Monuments
3. History Exhibits/Museums/Re-enactments
4. Historical Literature
5. The General Lee from the Dukes of Hazard

All but #5 are negotiable.
__________________
II Peter 3, 3-7
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 06-24-2015, 07:00 AM
Posting since Jan 2000
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,856
I heard yesterday that Hillary was giving away confederate flag pins as recently as 2008. I don't know if this is true or not, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me. Just another dishonest politician pandering to anybody for a vote. That is the thought process of your next president folks.
__________________
II Peter 3, 3-7
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 06-24-2015, 10:39 AM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air&Road View Post
Now they're talking about removing statues of confederate people.
It has always struck me odd that we have an Army base, Fort Hood, named after a traitor. It's like having a base named after Benedict Arnold. I think it promotes disloyalty.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 06-24-2015, 10:47 AM
A Talent for Obfuscation
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: In the Deep State
Posts: 7,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air&Road View Post
Now they're talking about removing statues of confederate people. Will they stop before dynamiting Stone Mountain, Georgia?

This is a perfect example of the liberal mental disorder(LMD) that makes people think that the government can fix everything, and can even make you feel better.

Has anyone ever read about Sherman's actions in the South? He could probably have given terrorism lessons to Bin Laden. Do the descendants of those civilians murdered and looted by Sherman need to have all the sherman memorabilia ripped out? Where does all this stop? Do we start ripping apart the museums to make people feel better?

The stories in the history books are probably also disturbing to some people, so will they next start burning the history books that have any reference to the civil war or oppression? What happened to the "those who do not know history are doomed to repeat it?" How do we prevent repeating it if we do away with the evidence of it in the name of political correctness?

Is the American flag next to be assaulted?

Political Correctness is a disease that is growing in our society. Get a grip folks.
Does anyone wonder if Larry would have objected to the removal of swastika flags in Germany after 1945?
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 06-24-2015, 10:49 AM
A Talent for Obfuscation
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: In the Deep State
Posts: 7,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Air&Road View Post
I heard yesterday that Hillary was giving away confederate flag pins as recently as 2008. I don't know if this is true or not, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me. Just another dishonest politician pandering to anybody for a vote. That is the thought process of your next president folks.
Actually, Larry has word from the same unimpeachable sources that Hillary normally wears Confederate Flag bra and panties every day...
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 06-24-2015, 11:05 AM
MTI's Avatar
MTI MTI is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Posts: 10,626
Paula Poundstone: How come nobody here flies the British flag, to show respect for those ancestors?
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 06-24-2015, 11:06 AM
MTI's Avatar
MTI MTI is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Posts: 10,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.C. View Post
Does anyone wonder if Larry would have objected to the removal of swastika flags in Germany after 1945?
and the continuing ban. Model builders in Germany can't even get the decals.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 06-24-2015, 11:33 AM
elchivito's Avatar
ĦAy Jodido!
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Rancho Disparates
Posts: 3,902
My George Wallace campaign button collection just got way valuable. Who wantsa buy it?
__________________
You're a daisy if you do.
__________________________________
84 Euro 240D 4spd. 220.5k sold
04 Honda Element AWD
1985 F150 XLT 4x4, 351W with 270k miles, hay hauler
1997 Suzuki Sidekick 4x4
1993 Toyota 4wd Pickup 226K and counting
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Copyright 2011 Pelican Parts - Posts may be archived for display on the Peach Parts or Pelican Parts Website -    DMCA Registered Agent Contact Page